User productions with patchpool soundware - please post your tracks here.

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As proposed by Chromaphonist Wade, this is a sticky-thread for folks who would like to share their tracks making use of patchpool soundware. If you do post a track, it would be cool if you gave us a short description which of the patchpool soundsets was used to produce the track and which instruments were used.

Of course these tracks can include other sounds too, in fact I'm interested how my sounds blend with your music in general - so don't be shy and post your tracks.

Thank's
Simon
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Index of Soundware categories with links to posted productions.

Synth:

Chromaphone

Soundset(s)

ChromaZone

Cardinals

Modelled Reality

Joy of Sound by Wade Mattson Post # 3

Regards

Wade
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I get to post the first track!

Her it is!

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/joyofsound/s-zSvAv

Uses the Modelled Reality Soundset for the AAS synth Chromaphone

Additionally one Gong from the Maschine library.

Effects

Uhbik A

Filterscape

Valhalla room

Valhalla shimmer

Some reverb in the Maschine.

I constructed this using Numerology for the pads&textures and HybridInstruments Keys&Synths and the Gong Percussion and drums were put together using the Maschine.

Final mixdown with the above mention effects in Numerology.

A track using ChromaZone+Modelled reality.

had fun trying out the Hybrid Drums in the MR Achromatic set A latin vibe for the drive up to the weekend retreat.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/driven/s-d1lNm

TwoToneshuzz wrote:A track using ChromaZone+Modelled reality.

had fun trying out the Hybrid Drums in the MR Achromatic set A latin vibe for the drive up to the weekend retreat.

Wade, what have you been smoking - that's so far out there :D

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I get to post the first track!

Her it is!

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/joyofsound/s-zSvAv

Uses the Modelled Reality Soundset for the AAS synth Chromaphone

Additionally one Gong from the Maschine library.

Effects

Uhbik A

Filterscape

Valhalla room

Valhalla shimmer

Some reverb in the Maschine.

I constructed this using Numerology for the pads&textures and HybridInstruments Keys&Synths and the Gong Percussion and drums were put together using the Maschine.

Final mixdown with the above mention effects in Numerology.
I really like this one!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:A track using ChromaZone+Modelled reality.

Wade, what have you been smoking - that's so far out there :D
Indeed, I find it senselessly cool. :tu:

Thanks for the compliments Simon and Jensa.

I'm right now getting a new sonic matrix all fired up still with the Chromaphone and MR presets at it's very center. 96 sequencers with realtime pitch sequence glide (not pitchbend) all controlled in realtime from my four octave keyboard. Oh ya I also have setup autopreset changes to the 5 used chromophone instances so I don't go into "asleep at the wheel" modus with static timbres that remain unchanged for extended periods of time. The basic idea here is to load a series of presets into dedicated banks for each of the five Chromophone instances, these presets could either be subtle variations on the original preset or complimentary timbres that can change after set time intervals that make some musical sense in the scheme of things. I've got a workaround that can alleviate any clicks and sudden cutoffs of reverb tails at these auto preset changes.. That being having a modulation tied to the preset change event that fades the volume output of the Chromphones, so the clicks happen during a sonic blackout. Just have to element it in the preset changer device setup.

I'm also gearing up for delving into the new Iris synth this winter when funds allow. I just read the whole thread on Iris late last night trying to get a handle on what it's about. For me it would be a whole new way to work. Also I need more patchpool sound resources to show off! So the Iris won't live long without the Patchpool subscription.

I'll just have to pay af few bills off next month and then it's be time for selfish christmas chopping.

@TwoToneshuzz: Oh la la! I'm intrigued. :hyper: Numerology is the only program (I know of) that I really miss being a PC user. :tantrum:

jensa wrote:@TwoToneshuzz: Oh la la! I'm intrigued. :hyper: Numerology is the only program (I know of) that I really miss being a PC user. :tantrum:
I'm working on it, will post in a day or two. My setup needed some more adjustments...

Heads up I've gotten the Iris Demo running and subscribed to the Patchpool series. So I've made a first track using it. Posted in the Iris subscription thread here about 4 posts down on page 6

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 34#5112834

Regards

Wade

I'm working the Patchpool Iris Subcription soundset. Here's a fast and dirty track using 5 instances, of Iris, I Diva bass, Chromaphone using patches from the Patchpool ChromaZone soundset. and One instance of String Studio VS 1.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/stor ... ng/s-EHzUk

I was having some CPU overload difficulty running the Iris patches in my preferred 32 bit host Numerology so I used the Iris in Standalone mode, then captured the output using Audio Hijack Pro.

I'm a little unclear about how I should handle gaining the Iris output at this capture stage. I turned up the Iris's main output to get a good signal in my "submixes".

Then loaded these back into 6 instances Numerologies Sampler instruments for an automated mixdown.

Still early days in my time with Iris and the Patchpool material. But what I can say is for the first is it's very instructive to use the sounds and observe how they are acheived, and the ground material samples is very high quality and allow for much further experimentation and discovery.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm working the Patchpool Iris Subcription soundset. Here's a fast and dirty track using 5 instances, of Iris, I Diva bass, Chromaphone using patches from the Patchpool ChromaZone soundset. and One instance of String Studio VS 1.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/stor ... ng/s-EHzUk

I was having some CPU overload difficulty running the Iris patches in my preferred 32 bit host Numerology so I used the Iris in Standalone mode, then captured the output using Audio Hijack Pro.

I'm a little unclear about how I should handle gaining the Iris output at this capture stage. I turned up the Iris's main output to get a good signal in my "submixes".

Then loaded these back into 6 instances Numerologies Sampler instruments for an automated mixdown.

Still early days in my time with Iris and the Patchpool material. But what I can say is for the first is it's very instructive to use the sounds and observe how they are acheived, and the ground material samples is very high quality and allow for much further experimentation and discovery.
When you run into CPU problems with Iris, it's most likely that one of the sample-sources is set to Radius-RT mode (timestretch/time preserve mode) - set the source(s) to "Resample" and the CPU problems will vanish, of course the sound will change too. Then you could set it to Radius RT mode again when you're done with tracking and bounce/render the Iris track/instrument.

I actually don't mind using the Iris in Standalone as even with work arounds Numerology right now doesn't handle CPU heavy plugs that well. So even with turning RT modus off I'll still soon enough be running into problems if I combine Diva, Chormophone Iris together..

Audio Hijsck is quick and easy to use and the samples load instantly into the Sample instruments.

Just note that I have a generally interesting approach to making music on the Computer where i actually do all my work in Numerology which doesn't have Midi or Audio playback tracks. It's all done with trigger sequencers of up to 128 bars that start and stop small multimodulated sub sequencers gneral about 16 steps long, this combined with automated mixing using addtitionl sequencers and Lfo's, envelopes, and XY modules. Just recently with Automated record and playback implemented that I've developed using the basic building blocks in Numerology and nothing else.

This system has developed over a three year period and is unique. Effective well that 's debatable but it brings me places that no one has been before..

Regards

Wade

New version of Storms A Brewing!

I changed the length of the Fade ins and outs. Adjusted levels and added one track of an Iris patch with a piano attack. Changed the structure. Is it Better? I think it's got more nerve and contours are more defined.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/stor ... ng/s-twE6d

Return to “patchpool”