--If you use a midi controller keyboard which one do you use and why?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using a Korg padKontrol with beatmaker 2 by USB camera connection kit. I just use it for live playing. It's a great combo. I transfer ideas with ableton and map things out on the pads the same, then update both programs when I make changes. I'm not recording anything yet, just setup to jam songs live with the pads. The Korg controller is much better sensitivity and velocity sensitive which translates great in beatmaker 2. I previously was using nanostudio and had bought beatmaker2, but never explored it much. Nanostudio is fantastic because of Eden synth and workflow, but the drum sampler in beatmaker can't be beat with all the banks. They are quick scene changes on my controller, so I have up to 8 banks to fill samples and flip scenes on the fly.

My one complaint is that beatmaker2 really needs some timing help on trigger sensitivity like ableton uses. Where you have a choice of immediate trigger or next note triggering. Other than that, I have done more music playing on the iPad since using this combo.

Really really a lot of fun.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”