how do i import Expansions bank in to synthmaster plzzz

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys

there is a read me file that comes with the expansion banks that tell you precisely where to put it for both mac and pc.

although the latest one speaks of the wrong file but the correct location.

rsp
sound sculptist

alibilal wrote:hi guys

I am on a mac and having the same problem. I found the preset folder, but the presets have a smpb tag and
the banks I want to import have a smpr tag.

I can't tell if they have been imported. HELP!
Keep life simple & funky. The groove will set you free...

alibilal wrote:hi guys

I am on a mac and having the same problem. I found the preset folder, but the presets have a smpb tag and
the banks I want to import have a smpr tag.

I can't tell if they have been imported. HELP!

Just copy those bank files (that end with smpb) to the Presets folder:

/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster/presets

Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Just copy those bank files (that end with smpb) to the Presets folder:

/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster/presets

Thanks!

Thanks for the fast response. That's what I have done.

How can I confirm that they are working?

Much appreciated

I'm actually having the same issue right now with regards to my expansion packs not displaying in Synthmaster. I've double checked the location of the expansion packs and they are indeed in their correct location as described in the included "ReadMe" file (for Mac OS).

I've tried placing the files themselves in the appropriate folder. I've also tried creating subfolders (within ...>Presets) with the expansion packs contained within those subfolders. I've also tried starting Logic 9 in 32 bit mode and then going into 64bit as I've noticed some plugins require the "version cycling." Still have had no luck.

Aside from this hiccup, I can't get enough of this amazing synth!

FYI: My current setup: MacBook Pro (Mid-2012) i7/Mt Lion/Logic Pro 9/9.1.8.

Cheers!

You are not putting them under the user Library folder right?

Should the the system library:

/Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster/Presets

Also delete the SynthMasterPresets.xml file there to refresh the presets metadata, that might help too.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I just stuck Nori's 'Kraftwerk' pack FOLDER in /Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster/Presets on Lion.

It appeared under the 'Bank' section in the browser when I relaunched Synthmaster.

This has been doing my nut for the last few hours, so if anyone else is still stuck.

Make sure you go all the way back to Devices > Macintosh HD in the sidebar of finder before the "/Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster/Presets"

Not sure why but using the search option takes you to a different Library extension.

Macintosh HD may be hidden, in which case: when in finder use the bar at the top of your screen to access drop down menu and click Finder > Preferences >Sidebar. Put a tick in the box for hard disks.

Happy days!

Not able to see the 4 Clubbing expansion at all. Installed OK but browser isn't updated. Verified that the presets folder has the patches in the Application support folder on the system library. Reinstalled synth master, still no show and deleted the xml file and reloaded but no luck. Any ideas?

Plop

Fixed, when I manually copy the .smbp file into the directory where the presets are stored. Then I wonder why doesnt the installer do this or why do I need an installer anyways. Great set of patches though!

Plop

Can we just get a load preset button like every other vst?

Can someone please help, I got the everything bundle but nothing shows up after I install, windows 10 dell. I asked for help through the contact part of the website, and the reply was literally "you installed in wrong place" nothing after, please help me I would appreciate it!

I don't know how the Everything Bundle is installed, but I have installed individual expansions on a laptop and desktop. I think I may have not used defaults on the Desktop and for some reason, it can't find the samples for Insignia Clubbin' (which has its own installation package), but everything is fine on the laptop.

Does the Everything Bundle have a single Installer or did you get individual SMPB files? I'm at my Desktop at the moment (not near the laptop) and my Preset directory is located in C:\ProgramData\KV331\SynthMaster\Presets. I place the SMPB files in there. But like I said, I can't remember if that is the default location or if I changed the defaults when I installed on the Desktop.

Return to “KV331 Audio”