Blue Cat's Oscilloscope Multi 2.0 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are happy to unleash Blue Cat's Oscilloscope Multi 2.0, the new version of our unique multiple tracks oscilloscope plug-in.

This new version comes with a completely redesigned user interface with improved workflow and readability, as well as many new features and enhancements: a new presets manager with new presets, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, and much more...

The upgrade is free for existing customers who have purchased the plug-in in the past 6 months, and a very special upgrade price is available for others. Check your email!

If you do not already own the plug-in, check it out: you can purchase Blue Cat's Oscilloscope Multi 2.0 or the updated Blue Cat's Multi Pack bundle with up to 15% discount until the end of November!
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

We have had a couple of emails about customer upgrade offers: they have been all sent now, so feel free to contact us if you haven't received your coupon to upgrade from v1.0!

Phase alignment with BlueCat Oscilloscope (How to?)

There are no good tutorials yet for this plug-in that I could find. The manual is pretty ambiguous.

Can somebody describe the process of aligning the phase of two or more tracks that are out of phase. So far all I have heard is that there is a Sync button. What does that button do? Does that button actually align the tracks if they are out of phase and output that correct signal in your mix, or does it just make sure that the plug-in is showing you correctly the relationship that the two tracks "already" have to each other. And if that's the case, if the two tracks appear to be out of phase, how do I use the plug-in to align the phase in my mix? Or does the plug-in actually do that, or does it just analyze? What's is the process? Do I need to slide the digital track manually in my DAW untill the Oscilloscope shows that they are in phase?

Please explain this process.

A good manual should always explain the "process" of using it's features, not just waste a lot of time "describing" it's features. We already know what the plug-in can do, a manual should tell us how to do it.
Alex

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-in.

First, this is an analysis/measurement plug-in, so it will help you find issues, but it won't fix them for you, as it does not modify the signal.

The "sync" button indeed synchronizes instances to make sure the display is in sync. It does not magically synchronizes out of phase tracks.

If what you are trying to do is synchronize tracks because they might have been recorded out of phase (because of mic placements etc.), maybe this video from Real Home Recording will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNEUzaDI1QE

You can alternatively insert a delay plug-in to compensate the delay, instead of moving tracks.

Wow. Great video! That's exactly what I needed. Love it. :love:
Alex

:)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”