Iron Maiden Revelations - Home Computer Version (For any classic Metal Heads)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maiden Revelations - Home Computer version
I just upgraded my guitar pickup to a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB, it matches a lot more of the classic metal I like, amongst other genre's. FL Studio and plugins, as always, make everything easy and possible.

http://compusouth.net/music/maidenrevelations.mp3

94 Import Hamer Cali
Spider III 15 watt just as a preamp to PC sound card 1/8" Hi-Z
Computer running /FL Studio and Amplitube 3 Amp sim
VST's - NI Massive Bass & BFD Drums both pecked out with old Yamaha midi trigger.

Just noticed my pickups are out of phase. Will have to take it apart again :!:

Are you going to repost when it's fixed?

seismic1 wrote:Are you going to repost when it's fixed?
I am just going to leave it I guess.

A member from the Hamer forum sent me the stock pickups out a Hamer USA Diablo. These are the type of stock pup's you get in $1000+ guitars. A Seymour Duncan TH-4 JB(Jake E. Lee, Warren DiMartini) for the bridge, and a Dimarzio SH-2 (Malmsteen, Ray Vaughan)for the neck. Like night and day. I can now emulate tones that were impossible before. You are in the top 1% of legitimate writers at producing appealing tones.

Thanks for the reply as always. It will sound better when I get the wiring situated.

I am still satisfied with my BFD kits and DAW.

Here's something my son did. I got him started with FL at age 12 and he's a junior at Alabama now.

http://compusouth.net/music/beatsample.mp3

I thought you had taken this down. I was unable to access it for a couple of days. That's why I didn't comment on the track, but it's playing now :)

There are some nice tones coming from that guitar/pickup combo already. The harmonics are sounding very sweet. The chords had a nice ring about them. Looking forward to the results of the "definitive wiring".

I listened to your son's piece. That was very good as well. Nice melodic stuff. It reminded me of some of the Tangerine Dream pieces from the '80s.

I had a phase switch on my Hagstrom Swede Bass :o When switched out of phase, the main effect was to cut the LF and emphasise the Mids & HF. Great for bass solos :hihi: especially when playing harmonics.

I saw Iron Maiden at the Reading Festival in 1980 :shock:

I have a Spider III 15w :shock::shock:

I'm thinking about buying a Zoom G7.1ut multi-FX for messing around with. They are being discounted here in the UK at the moment, and have a 12AX7 tube built in. I thought that would be great for putting through my 50W Marshall transamp.

Watch out neighbours

seismic1 wrote:I thought you had taken this down. I was unable to access it for a couple of days. That's why I didn't comment on the track, but it's playing now :)

There are some nice tones coming from that guitar/pickup combo already. The harmonics are sounding very sweet. The chords had a nice ring about them. Looking forward to the results of the "definitive wiring".

I listened to your son's piece. That was very good as well. Nice melodic stuff. It reminded me of some of the Tangerine Dream pieces from the '80s.

I had a phase switch on my Hagstrom Swede Bass :o When switched out of phase, the main effect was to cut the LF and emphasise the Mids & HF. Great for bass solos :hihi: especially when playing harmonics.

I saw Iron Maiden at the Reading Festival in 1980 :shock:

I have a Spider III 15w :shock::shock:

I'm thinking about buying a Zoom G7.1ut multi-FX for messing around with. They are being discounted here in the UK at the moment, and have a 12AX7 tube built in. I thought that would be great for putting through my 50W Marshall transamp.

Watch out neighbours
I would not have known it was missing if you had not inquired, it made me listen again to see if it was worth the trouble.

As you noticed, the harmonics are much more prominent with the JB I like adding chords other than major power chords, like a regular D chord with the open E, and only good pickups will mesh this stuff correctly.

I am very proud of my son, he is in his 3rd year in electrical engineering taking all kinds of funky classes. He is an exceptional drummer but put all that aside for college other than the DAW.

That's interesting about the out of phase, I noticed that the resulting thinness did not include the effects, which came through louder. That would be cool on a bass guitar. As with Maiden, I think Steve Harris uses some effects, maybe a slight chorus on some later songs. As far as 1980 Seeing Smith, Murray, Harris and Burr early would have been Killer, even with Di'Anno.

I looked at the a small Marshall TransAmp when purchasing the Spider. Being a better amp, I would have gotten it but the price and effects modelling sold me on the Spider. Since I use amplitube to record with, am not in any band and have lost all my effets peddles from yesteryear, the Spider fit the bill. You can get some really great sounds with it, even 80's metal, including the Halen's Brown sound. Great all around amp. Good luck with your investment. Since you are still actively playing live, it will be a great investment.

Cool ! Maiden = Great fun in the days of my youth.
I haven't been there in a while :hihi:

Cheers

crimsontider wrote:..... actively playing live......
None of these words could be considered to be definitive :hihi:

seismic1 wrote:
crimsontider wrote:..... actively playing live......
None of these words could be considered to be definitive :hihi:
lol

Sounds great! We're big Maiden fans, of course (Nicko lives near our Florida Headquarters!) Have you thought about sharing this on the IK Jam Session forum?

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:Sounds great! We're big Maiden fans, of course (Nicko lives near our Florida Headquarters!) Have you thought about sharing this on the IK Jam Session forum?

Thanks for the link. I think I can learn a lot from reading some of the posts.

Greg

Return to “Music Cafe”