Swiss Miss (140bpm rock)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by PurpleCatfishBettie on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

'took out a tad of bass line'

Oh, full blow blizodelia... I dig it. Nice spooky organ. Thoughts on mix? When voice and guitar are present, guitar seems a bit back, while vocals are way forward, as in old school mix, which might be what you were after. I liked the part when all instruments were filtered out.

fantastic. this blew the cobwebs away. really good guitar sound on this, the drums are excellent too. great song.

neil.

thanks guys.

indeed, (i noticed this late last night) if you look at the waveform, you can almost anticipate that the vocals are 'way over' the mix (but it didn't sound like that at the time of mixdown).

the vocals are opening the q on a 'band reject' filter set at around 600hz on the guitar.

most heartening are reports that the guitar tone is acceptable.

I'm never quite sure with your mixes, mrblitz. Not because there is anything wrong with them, but because the character of your music is quite unique and I find that your music and mixes are often best listened to with "fresh" ears, usually early in the day. I thought the original posted track in this thread sounded ok on Thursday night/Friday morning, but I was only listening quietly. Since then I've listened to the updated version 4 times (twice at fairly high volume) and I have to declare that I like the mix and the sounds employed therein.

I seem to remember that there was a discussion about 6 months ago regarding your vocals being "too far back" in the mix. I think you've put that to bed. Nice drums on here too. They have a nice "controlled" vibe. I enjoyed the guitar work on here. Nice solo again.

Good work :)

seismic, thanks!

ok, here's another one:

Swiss Miss

this one is another remake, with 'all new everything'.

again, i attempted to find 'standard tuning' versions of the riffs from the 'backwards tuning' version. oh, and there's a bonus riff at the start; something i 'always' used to do in normal tuning, but whose equivalent i never bothered to figure out in 'backwards' tuning.

Re: Swiss Miss

Cool stuff, mrblitz. I enjoyed this, especially the solos. I thought this track had a "borderline metal" vibe, until the final synth outro, when I thought of Genesis :lol:

Good work :)

Swiss Blitzss: that's very blitz, I don't remember the other version too good, so can't compare. Song is very cool, the mix is very blitz and reaches out of the box. I had a feeling the singer is standing right beside me while the band is playing next room, it felt strange. I wonder what I would do, if I had a crack at mixing it.

thanks.

i'll have to re-investigate the mix.

zombie queen, do you have a copy of renoise? i could send the project file...

No, Sonar is my only DAW. I'd need tracks in separate wavs.

While still maintaining your own highly original style, these mixes seem to have greater clarity than your earlier ones. Vocal is definitely more up front, and personally I think that's good :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

thanks everyone for the feedback! one last bump for the 'slight remix' (of swiss miss)...

ah mr blitz. still diggin those vocals. the mix? hmmm have to agree with queen.
to me it seems like everything stomps all over everything, ie; everything seems panned center. i would love a crack at mixing this too, if you could make it available as a zip file with the individual tracks in .wav's queen and i would have a blitz of a time with it! :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”