ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Sean,

Is there a Windows x64 beta available? If so, I can test it for you.

Thanks,
G

Found a Freqecho bug in Reaper

Reaper is supposed to keep track of which control you last touched but it always just goes right for the HPF
miedex

And a feature request: pitch (rate) mode. I don't see many other delay that can makes each successive tap go +/- semitones.
miedex

miedex wrote:And a feature request: pitch (rate) mode. I don't see many other delay that can makes each successive tap go +/- semitones.
ValhallaFreqEcho uses frequency shifting, not pitch shifting:

- Pitch shifting preserves the harmonic structure of the signal, and just multiplies every frequency in the signal by a constant (in reality, most pitch shifters also add all sorts of artifacts, but this is due to the pretty impossible task pitch shifters are called upon to perform).

- Frequency shifting *adds* a constant value to every frequency in a signal, which ends up "detuning" the signal. In other words, a frequency shifter can make a sound seem out of tune with itself.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
miedex wrote:And a feature request: pitch (rate) mode. I don't see many other delay that can makes each successive tap go +/- semitones.
ValhallaFreqEcho uses frequency shifting, not pitch shifting:

- Pitch shifting preserves the harmonic structure of the signal, and just multiplies every frequency in the signal by a constant (in reality, most pitch shifters also add all sorts of artifacts, but this is due to the pretty impossible task pitch shifters are called upon to perform).

- Frequency shifting *adds* a constant value to every frequency in a signal, which ends up "detuning" the signal. In other words, a frequency shifter can make a sound seem out of tune with itself.

Sean Costello
Why not add a new mode like you have in your other plugins? Just a bit of wishful thinking.

By pitch shifting I meant slowing down or speeding up the audio of each successive tap, not special pitch shifting with artifacts and such.
miedex

x64 soon? :)

EvilDragon wrote:x64 soon? :)
I have some other work I need to finish up, then I'll get back to the FreqEcho code.

Sean Costello

x64 soon?

carrieres wrote:x64 soon?
I posted an OSX beta the other day in the Effects KVR forum. I updated my AAX Updates page as well:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/aax-updates

You can check into the AAX updates page for the latest info, including ports to Windows, and links to the latest betas.

Sean Costello

Edit
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Valhalla DSP”