JB Red Phatt Pro Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome giveaway, thanks Jeroen. Red Phatt sounds really good, as does Barricade and others.

Awesome in deed. I got Red Phatt PRO just before it become N/A and I was pretty sad cause I was just about to buy Smash PRO... time went buy and I became a proud owner of most of the Toneboosters stuff but still couldn't get rid of the itch of wanting to take the Smash PRO for a serious run. Well, now I reckon the rest of the PRO plugins have to join in on the ride as well...this weekend sure turned into a smashing party.

Many thanks Jeroen.

Wow, this is what we love about certains devs, always giving away for free some of the best stuff from them. That is love.
Thanks Jeroen.

Checking all new Pro Series, i think i'm going to use them for OSC.

Have a good day guys. :)

Gotta add support here - This was a great surprise to find so many thanks to Jeroen Breebaart :D The pc2 compressor has always been a firm favourite. Broadcast is also a great plugin.

thanks JB! made my day...

RedPhat kills!
Mash the hell out of drums :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I always found omniverb awesome on vocals, and found it difficult to replace it (at least it allowed getting good results in short time).

I'm in doubt if going on to use it or trying replacing with something like ValhallaRoom...

- Mario

Red Phat Pro is excellent, thanx JB
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Link is dead, can anyone send me a copy of the download.
The new versions don't have some of the things I like in the JB versions.

Too bad JB decided to no longer offer this bundle.

It sure was an incredibly good package with a lot of high quality stuff perfect for folks that dont have a lot of cash to spare but still want to use legitimate tools.

But he obviously must have had his reasons.

Good on wayback for having cached it in time.

ENV1 wrote:Too bad JB decided to no longer offer this bundle.

It sure was an incredibly good package with a lot of high quality stuff perfect for folks that dont have a lot of cash to spare but still want to use legitimate tools.

But he obviously must have had his reasons.

Good on wayback for having cached it in time.
As far as I know, because it's too much hassle to port it to 64-bit and because he has pretty less time because of day job & family. That's at least what I read in a post from him, he wrote that he hasn't time for a new version of Red Phat Pro...

[EDIT: Now I'm completely confused, should I write "hasn't time" or "doesn't have time", what sounds better???]

But it's indeed sad, I'm still a great fan of Red Phat Pro but whenever I'm using it, I get huge doubts because I think there must be a bug somewhere, otherwise it weren't free - and then I use an other compressor/dynamic processor instead just to be on the safe side... :shrug:

(But weren't there problems with latency?)

Tricky-Loops wrote:As far as I know, because it's too much hassle to port it to 64-bit and because he has pretty less time because of day job & family. That's at least what I read in a post from him, he wrote that he hasn't time for a new version of Red Phat Pro...
I see.

Guess that explains why there wont be any updates anymore, although im not sure i understand why he stopped offering the bundle altogether. After all what was there was perfectly OK the way it was.
Tricky-Loops wrote:But it's indeed sad, I'm still a great fan of Red Phat Pro but whenever I'm using it, I get huge doubts because I think there must be a bug somewhere, otherwise it weren't free - and then I use an other compressor/dynamic processor instead just to be on the safe side... :shrug:
Red Phatt is a great software compressor, no doubt about that. But i must admit that i dont use it all too often since i always find it to be more on the 'hefty' side (think DBX 160) and the truth is i am generally much more for 'easy-going' compression a-la Teletronix LA-2A. But whenever i did use Red Phatt (Drums, mostly) it did exactly what it was supposed to be doing, and in my opinion it did so excellently. I have never noticed anything wrong with it, no bugs that i can remember, generally leaving me with the impression that it is an out-and-out solid compressor plugin that has absolutely nothing to hide. So if the compression style is what one is looking for i see no reason at all why one wouldnt use it. On the contrary, there is a lot of stuff out there that doesnt do the job half as good.
Tricky-Loops wrote:But weren't there problems with latency?
Not with Red Phatt. I dont know the latencies of all of them offhand, but i do remember that Red Phatt has none at all and Broadcast has 1536 samples initial delay. Rest would need to be checked.

I've personally never found red phatt to be buggy but auditor pro and barricade pro will take down reaper sometimes. All of his older plugins have been 100% stable - I've still to find a better limiter than the old Barricade for my purposes and I still use Omniverb all the time. I always found Red Phatt to be a finicky beast. I know what you mean about it being somewhat heavy handed. I don't get on with it's attack - it always seems to bite too fast no matter where you set it. Maybe I need to play around with it some more although to be honest I would rather use a compressor that I find immediately easy to dial in. Some of his older plugins don't report their latency to the host correctly (I did test them a few years back) - just a few samples though iirc.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:I know what you mean about it being somewhat heavy handed. I don't get on with it's attack - it always seems to bite too fast no matter where you set it.
Yep, thats exactly it.

Theres a certain aggressiveness in there that can be extremely detrimental on some material.

As for the latencies, heres all of them as reported by VSTHost:

Auditor Pro: None

Barricade: 1024

Barricade Pro: 512

Broadcast: 1536

Ferox: None

FSynth Pro: 2048

Isone Pro: None

Isone Pro Surround: None

Omnisone: None

Omniverb: None

PC2: 512