KnobMan / SkinMan

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tectonica wrote:@g200k:

Thank you so much for your great Knobman! :)
It's really a pleasure to create knobs with it, I'm so happy you have developed it!!! :) It's really amazing, how many things are possible with it and how easy it is to use.

Now after using it for a while I have a question:
Before reinstalling my Win7 I used to have a thumbnail-view of for example a knob in my Windows Explorer. In this thumbnail only one representative for the entire stripe was viewable, so that I always had a nice overview over the knobs when I was using the Windows Explorer.
Now after reinstalling, this functionality seems no longer to be available.
Now there is only the file-name [name].knob and a white sheet above it in the Explorer.

I also noticed this behaviour, when trying to move the *.knob-files to my laptop.

Can you help me to have the nice one-knob-thumbnails again?

Thank you in advance and
best regards
you need to re-register the 'KnobBrowser' from config dialog.
http://www.g200kg.com/en/docs/jknobman/knobbrowser.html

please note that the thumbnails will NOT available immediately due to the Windows background caching system.

g200kg wrote:

It's really a pleasure to create knobs with it, I'm so happy you have developed it!!! :) It's really amazing, how many things are possible with it and how easy it is to use.

Before reinstalling my Win7 I used to have a thumbnail-view of for example a knob in my Windows Explorer. In this thumbnail only one representative for the entire stripe was viewable, so that I always had a nice overview over the knobs when I was using the Windows Explorer.
Now there is only the file-name [name].knob and a white sheet above it in the Explorer.

I also noticed this behaviour, when trying to move the *.knob-files to my laptop.

Thank you in advance and
best regards

please note that the thumbnails will NOT available immediately due to the Windows background caching system.
Thank you very much for your help! :)
I tried now to follow the instruction, but Windows hasn't changed the previews so far. But I hope it will finally do, as you said :)

I noticed that the RGB color selection in KnobMan is not working well always. Some RGB values are simply not selectable, it seems like there's some internal rounding happening. Can you please check this, g200kg? It's very annoying.

BTW, it would be very helpful if KnobMan supported hex color code input!

Hi g200Kg,

Thanks for the awesome tools you have made available. JKnobman and JSkinman are impressive tools that I look forward to seeing improved in the future. Here's some suggestions I have:

1. Yes, please add the hex input for a color code as mentioned.

2. Make the sections of the Properties panel collapsible (ie. Zoom, Offset, etc.). This would make navigating the properties more user friendly.

3. Give an option to size from center. When making concentric rings in Skinman, they all align to the top left corner. It would be nice to have the option to stretch from the center, not the top left. I have to use the align feature to center everything when done. Kind of a pain.

4. Add 'Align Horz and Center' as a single align option. Sucks having to align both ways when it could be done in one shot. Would be nice to have an alignment floating panel that could easily be selected for layouts.

5. I would recommend using Juce to make the software on both platforms without needing to use Java. C++ isn't that far off from java programming. Maybe even open source it. Both java apps have hangs and Windows7 can't close the app without using task manager to end the process. It's a bit annoying.

6. To solve the keystroke issue. disable keystrokes code when any text editor input has focus, or use 'modifier' keys for everything.

7. I tried to make a donation and PayPal said it does not accept donations to Japan. I am in the USA. Not sure what the issue is, but you may want to check that.

I'm sure I'll have more suggestions as I use the tools more.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks again for the tools.

Also it would be great if the parameters would be in pixels instead of %. Sometimes it's really hard to adjust some parameters correctly, or there's not enough range (X and Y offsets, for example, if you're doing long sliders, the offsets are not going high enough for the slider thumb to move all the way).

JKnobMan 1.2.4 is released.
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

Change:
BugFix: Japanese setting is forced on .dmg version
BugFix: Specific RGB color value cannot be set
BugFix: Center offset when odd pixel size knob
configuration for Dutch (nl.ini) is added. (Thanks to Sjoerd Bijleveld)

Thanks for RGB fix! :)

FR for SkinMan: Adjust hue and brightness for images.

JKnobMan is updated to 1.2.8

* Editing is immediately reflect to 'Test' floating icon
* Remember folders for knob-files and image-files individualy on file dialog
* Adding status bar
* Delete 'Export Done' dialog, that may cause hung up in some case
* Fix : The 'Recent Files' cannot work normal on Japanese kanji char folder-name

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

g200kg wrote: * Remember folders for knob-files and image-files individualy on file dialog
Thank you very much for this.

Does it take hex color input now? Don't see it in release note. That would be awesome.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:Does it take hex color input now? Don't see it in release note. That would be awesome.
Currently, it is just for display. I would like to support that on next release :)

Old KnobMan had image filetype selector when exporting to image file... JKnobMan does not have this, you always have to type the extension manually - that's not good. In fact, if you don't type an extension, it doesn't export at all, it says "Unknown image type".

Please add this, and make the default extension PNG. Thanks!

tectonica wrote:
g200kg wrote:

Thank you in advance and
best regards

Thank you very much for your help! :)
I tried now to follow the instruction, but Windows hasn't changed the previews so far. But I hope it will finally do, as you said :)
I had the same problem in Win 8. I thought it's a bug but it started working after a while. I didn't do anything specific. I use CCleaner (Free) to clean up registry and other shit from my laptop periodically that might have cleared the cache. But, the good news is it's working :-)

I use SageThumbs (free) to display thumbnail-view of Photoshop and other image files. It's good but it doesn't support .KNOB files. I would request g200kg to contact them if they can implement .knob file support. They may need additional details on the extension. Also, if possible Google so that I can see the thumbnail-view of my .knob files in the browser in Google Drive :-)

@EvilDragon: I read somewhere in this forum that you design GUIs for Kontakt instruments. I would love to get into that, where can I get some help on where to start. I have K 3.5 atm. Does it support? Appreciate your help on this. I have some examples of my GUI work on my website (link in my sig).
Last edited by satYatunes on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website | Portfolio

g200kg wrote:
satYatunes wrote:Does it take hex color input now? Don't see it in release note. That would be awesome.
Currently, it is just for display. I would like to support that on next release :)
No worries, will wait patiently :-)
EvilDragon wrote:Old KnobMan had image filetype selector when exporting to image file... JKnobMan does not have this, you always have to type the extension manually - that's not good. In fact, if you don't type an extension, it doesn't export at all, it says "Unknown image type".

I recently did some work but never noticed it as I was selecting a PNG file and overwriting it all the time.

What I would suggest is, give an option to the user to define file extension and an output folder in the preferences, then export should just spits out the file to that folder. This will smooth the workflow. What do you think? I use a script to do the same thing in Photoshop.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Old KnobMan had image filetype selector when exporting to image file... JKnobMan does not have this, you always have to type the extension manually - that's not good. In fact, if you don't type an extension, it doesn't export at all, it says "Unknown image type".

I recently did some work but never noticed it as I was selecting a PNG file and overwriting it all the time.

What I would suggest is, give an option to the user to define file extension and an output folder in the preferences, then export should just spits out the file to that folder. This will smooth the workflow. What do you think? I use a script to do the same thing in Photoshop.
satYatunes's suggestion may be useful but that might be difficult to figure out the meaning of the option on preferences (that each knob file can has each default). I agree to the filetype option on dialog should be work but AAMOF, this is related to the limitation that Java(AWT) cannot setup the filetype options.

At least, I think PNG export had better be a default if no extension is specified, and global default folder setting on Config dialog may be...
anyway I will give a little more thought

Return to “g200kg”