sophistry in cronox 4?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi just purchased both sophistry and cronox 4 from someone, the transfer has been completed,

but I don't actually want to use sophistry AU at all...

there is no point as it's 32 bits

and i had presumed the soundset would just work ok in Cronoxx4, correct?

Just wanting to know the procedure to correctly install it this way.

Thanks very much :)

Sohphistry will work in CrX4 but not all sounds will sound as originally intended (want a guess: 90% work at minimum),
the sophistry banks must be in the CrX Banks folder, thats all

I recommend to use Sophistry soundset installer to update CrX4 Banks in /Library/Application Support/LinPlug
That way both presets and samples install to proper folders.

I appreciate that..

ok well i had no idea, and want sophistry 100%, furthermore i won't know which ones sound not as intended.

Can i crossgrade to cronox 3, i am willing to install that and use it alongside cronox 4, just for sophostry.

Surely this is ok?

As cronox3 is also 64 bits, so when i want to use sophistry, i open him,

when i want to use cronox 4, i open him..

yes??

will send an email also.

You can do that, and its no problem

great news, please ignore my support email as i noticed i already get the email from you.

Amazing service Peter.. I am going to buy Morphox and saxlab on your Xmas sale to support you, as you are always kind to me :)

Cheers.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, just to quickly check.. at this stage i still don't have anything installed...

Do i install Cronox3, then sophistry, then crx4,

or sophistry, THEN crx3, then crx4??

cheers!

CrX4 and CronoX 3 in any order you like, they are fully independent, Sophistry in the CronoX 3 Banks folder. If you relocate the CronoX 3 banks + Sophistry to an externale drive you can point CronoX 3 there with the Startup Preset parameter in its setup.

Ok but how do i install sophistry in the cronox 3 banks folder? do i just extract it into that using pacifist for example?

Sorry about all this i just want to do it right

:oops:

Well, you run the installer (CronoX 3 Sophistry.part 01.exe) , pick the location you installed CronoX 3 library and install it right there; so if the CronoX 3 library is at D:\vstplugs\CronoX 3 Banks then navigate in the installer to D:\vstplugs\CronoX 3 Banks.

Sorry I am on mac.. is the procedure the same as the windows one explained above?

Hello,
do you have original Sophistry DVD installer or later downloadable CronoX Sophistry soundset?

1. In case of DVD installer
run the installation process of Sophistry Library, which will install
SophistryBanks folder in /Library/Application Support/LinPlug
Install CronoX 3 Instrument with separate update installer
Open CronoX 3 in your audio host and in Settings page find Startup preset and click Load
Now locate and choose any preset in /Library/Application Support/LinPlug/SophistryBanks
Quit your and restart your host (alternativel remove CronoX 3 from instrument rack and reinsert it).
Now the CronoX 3 is dedicated solely to Sophistry

2. In case of downloadable CronoX 3 Sophistry soundset
download all parts of disk image if you haven't yet (they have to be placed in same place)
Run the installer, it will be default install Sophistry presets into CronoX 3 Banks
Install CronoX 3 Instrument with separate update installer
If you don't see any presets in preset browser, set the default preset from one of the Sophistry banks installed in
/Library/Application Support/LinPlug/CronoX 3 Banks - their name starts with SO... - the process is described above

Best regards,
Pavol Markovic

After nearly 10 years people are still using Sophistry, that's really cool... ;)

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

2017, just imported Sophistry into CrX4, I don't know what the originals were supposed to sound like, but they sound awesome to me!

Nice to hear... BUT, the problem in CrX4 was and still is, there are a different settings in the filter if i remember right so it could be some patches sound different to the original ones...

Frank (maker of Sophistry!)
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Return to “LinPlug”