Cableguys Curve 2 - Version 2.1 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

We got a new Curve 2 song demo by Cableguys' own Jerome Ferry. Have a listen:

http://soundcloud.com/cableguys/cablegu ... -song-demo

We just released Curve 2.0.2, now with profile images.

Curve 2 is becoming an even more exciting place to share your sounds!

We'd like to invite you to download the latest version and add a short text on you, to add your web links (website, Soundcloud, Facebook and Twitter) and profile image. Others will learn more about you whenever they see a preset you did.

This update also fixes bugs with routing velocity to EG 1/2 and with modulation of LFO speed (thanks a ton to hakey for reporting these bugs!).

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:This update also fixes bugs with routing velocity to EG 1/2
I hate to say it but, though the new behaviour is an improvement, velocity to EG doesn't work as it ought to (at least, as commonly implemented in most synths).

All that a conventional velocity to EG routing need do is scale the EG amount - at 100% it should be scaled linearly from 0 to unity (where unity is equal to the EG amount were no velocity scaling applied).

What seems to happen with Curve is that adding 100% velocity modulation to EG increases the EG's amount above its original amplitude.

For example, consider a synth with conventional vel>EG routing in which the EG is routed to open a filter from fully closed to 50% open. If 100% vel>EG scaling is then applied, with note events of zero velocity the filter will be unaffected by the EG, whereas for events of 127 velocity the EG will open the filter to the 50% position.

Do the same in Curve and adding vel>EG modulation will see the filter opening beyond the 50% level at full velocity.

And, I can't be sure exactly what's going on, but I have a suspicion that vel>EG might also increase the EG's decay time?

Sorry to be so picky. :wink:

hakey wrote:Sorry to be so picky. :wink:
Being picky is perfect! Helps to improve the product.

Well, I should go to bed now, traveling to Amsterdam in some hours to meet one of today's most famous producers/DJs, talking about plugin improvements. Pretty excited.

Have a nice trip!

Is it just me, or does curve2 have its own "sound" sort of like "massive" has.
:borg:

It's so interesting.. we always sell most plugins when an offer starts, and then again on the day when it ends and, uh, the day after the offer.

So we've expanded the introductory offer for Curve 2 a bit.. for the ones who missed the date. You can still get Curve 2 for EUR 99 / USD 129 (reg. EUR 119 / USD 159) until November 5!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:It's so interesting.. we always sell most plugins when an offer starts, and then again on the day when it ends and, uh, the day after the offer.
Well, isn't it like this:

Starts: Yes! At last it's mine!

During: Well, this could fit into my virtual synth collection... but do I have the money? Better question, how can I get the money?

Ends: Argh! I'm addicted! I need to buy it!

Quite logical isn't it? :)

Speaking for myself, I want it but the charity auction burned a hole in my pocket... then... you never know. Thanks for postponing the end date.

We've just released Curve 2.0.3, fixing a crash bug which could happen in Cubase (and maybe in other hosts too which also like to report negative time values.. sigh).

http://www.cableguys.de/curve.html

We've expanded the discount on the Cableguys Bundle, because so many people purchased it in the last 2 days before Christmas: You can still get the Cableguys Bundle for the price of Curve until January 2nd!

The discount is EUR 119/USD 159 and includes Curve 2, VolumeShaper 3, FilterShaper 2 and MidiShaper.

Or test the demo versions, fully functional and without time-limit.

Also we got quite some discount for existing users until January 2nd.

Still can't get curve to validate.. so i have never been able to demo it in MONTHS :(

Logic 9.1.8

no way jose.

so i will miss the sale, and have been trying to demo it desperately and have never ever been able to. To this day i have never heard what it sounds like

same with VS.

TheoM wrote:Still can't get curve to validate.. so i have never been able to demo it in MONTHS :(

Logic 9.1.8

no way jose.

so i will miss the sale, and have been trying to demo it desperately and have never ever been able to. To this day i have never heard what it sounds like

same with VS.
Hello Theo, I am sorry to hear that. Have you been in contact with our support at contact@cableguys.de ?

It works now since the latest update but i missed the sale. I 'll wait till the next one, i am just one who can't buy stuff at retail when there's sales. (and of course, after the lexicon debacle which literally meant i couldn't afford food for a few days, i simply always have patience for the best price, that's what unemployment will do to ya! )

I kind of feel bummed though but the good news is Curve is the best synth i have heard in years.

The onboard preset bank is small (120) but every single one is superb.

This has the freshest crispest sound I have heard, and i would place it in the top 5 Vi's of all time. No, i am not kidding.

I can't get any use out of midi shaper cause i use logic of course, but i'd be interested in Curve, filter and volume. Volume is the best possible tremelo out there, that's how i look at it

TBH.. i was so surprised with Curve, cause i didn't expect much. Maybe it's cause it's not talked about that much.

I so hope we see some commercial banks for it.

It's highly on my radar,and i haven't bought a synth for ages, the only one last year besides reason, was gladiator.

Curve is *very* punchy and crisp, it sounds genuinely phat but at the same time it feels like it won't ever mud the mix, just like it will punch through.. I can imagine using it for leads and bass quite a lot when i finally get it (on the next sale, hint! as i might as well get Volume and Filter as well, they are great).

I was going to start a new topic about it i was so overwhelmed how good it was, but i decided to post here.

It's *the* surprise synth for me of the last few years.

We've just passed the mark of 100 preset pages with Curve 2's public preset sharing! Thank to everyone contributing!

So how much cpu does curve2 need? Can you compare it to another synth?
Finally!

Return to “Instruments”