Hydra (ElectroProg - Seismic Exhumation)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

10 hours to record in June 2010, the November 2012 Edit/Remix/Master took about 16 hours, most of which was spent reworking the arrangement. A new toy on here thanks to Luftrum and the Charity Auction, and the resurrection of an old one, after I got off my backside and did something about it :)

EDIT: 20210121 - removed mp3 link

EDIT: 20180408 - replaced original on SoundCloud with minor remix/Elevate master

2017 remix/master is here:-

on SoundCloud at 320Kbps

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/hydra

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.2/Remixed in EnergyXT2.6/EnergyXT2.7
SQ8L
DiversionFxCM
Cubix
Genesis CM1.02
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Abakos
FreeAlpha
PPG Wave 2.V
Antopya
CM SR-202
Alpha 3
IK Classik Studio Reverb
U-He Satin

Mastered in Elevate

DR - 13

EDIT: 20191124 - added new link to 2017 remix remastered in T-Racks5 in 2019

2019 T-Racks5 master is here. The mix is the same as the previous version, but I used T-Racks5 instead of Elevate. It's not really squashed although I did lose some dynamic range. I have a sound which I'm happy with, and which contains some semblance of modernity.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/hydr ... ks5-master

T-Racks5 modules
VC-670
Equal
Quad Comp
Saturator X
Stealth Limiter

DR - 9
Last edited by seismic1 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:32 am, edited 11 times in total.

Ah, so you're whatisname 8)

Superb :tu: As always.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Ah, so you're whatisname 8)
I get that a lot. "We bumped into whatsisname in the pub last week"

I've been making rather a lot of TV appearances recently, apparently :wink:

seismic1 wrote:
I get that a lot. "We bumped into whatsisname in the pub last week"

I've been making rather a lot of TV appearances recently, apparently :wink:
:hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Fascinating piece Tim, really original, quirky, groovy, complex, one of my faves for sure, sounds fab and I've got it nicely cranked as I'm alone! Listening again... awesome!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Fascinating piece Tim, really original, quirky, groovy, complex, one of my faves for sure, sounds fab and I've got it nicely cranked as I'm alone! Listening again... awesome!
I have been paying particular attention to the levelling in the mix and the master on the last 3 tracks. I had most tracks at -12dB on the mixer and was watching the limiter like a hawk during the master. It flashed me a couple of times at about +0.5dB. Almost there, but it also depends on the number of instruments and what they are playing.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Matt. glad you liked it.

Superb :tu: As always.
Thanks very much, Mushy Mushy. Glad you liked it :D

Funky. The opening cello-like sound is intriguing, is that a synthesizer?

Thanks for listening and commenting, ZQ. Yes, That "cello" is a synth - SQ8L. Great for producing more "natural" sounds. In fact, it is a preset that comes with the synth. About halfway through the track I routed it through DiversionFxCM to get more harmonic content out of it for the build at the end. That "pipe-organ" like patch is also SQ8L.

Wow, deep track!!! Love how many levels the track goes through...awesome title too. Well done ambience and space and the synths are clean and lush!!!

Well done man!!! Thanks for the listen. :tu:
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

SQ8L, from a look at the GUI, I'm sure I have been trying it out some time ago, maybe not thoroughly enough.

Nice composition, well produced!

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote:Wow, deep track!!! Love how many levels the track goes through...awesome title too. Well done ambience and space and the synths are clean and lush!!!

Well done man!!! Thanks for the listen. :tu:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Chris. Glad you liked it. I managed to squeeze a little pad-layering into that one :hihi:

Rather strange, especially the opening, but moves about nicely. Certainly fits the title!

P.S.
Reminds me a lot of whatsisname :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Zombie Queen wrote:SQ8L, from a look at the GUI, I'm sure I have been trying it out some time ago, maybe not thoroughly enough.
A lot of people say that it's not the easiest synth to program, but the sounds are fantastic.

Return to “Music Cafe”