What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Predator-RE

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

KVRAF

3459 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:59 am

About the filtering the audio input, you need to have notes playing because the filters are connected to each voice (this allows the filters to have envelopes etc).

So attach the filter input, and then play some notes, and it should here the filter input as well. In fact, if you turn off the oscillators, you should just be able to help the filtered input.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

18824 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Jon, in the au version i could use the filter as an insert effect, i did it often. Oh well then.

Anyway this is like using Diva on a normal host on a modern system.

I can't really use this after all the excitement, so it is obvious that Reason is the most inefficient program on the planet, and i am shocked.

I am arguing with propellerheads now about selling off my RE's, this has opened my eyes, i want out.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRian

1243 posts since 1 Jun, 2008

Postby fceramic; Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 pm

@ttoz
The RE version uses 32x oversampling so it's pretty heavy. There's already an update on it's way to assort this.
KVRAF

9817 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:56 pm

never thought of selling Reason, but now i do. nothing against Jon and Rob. i like their stuff a lot, but i won't support Propellerheads' price politics.

sorry :nutter:
"It dreamed itself along"
KVRer

7 posts since 21 Jun, 2012

Postby SKYNETRON; Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm

mellotronaut wrote:never thought of selling Reason, but now i do. nothing against Jon and Rob. i like their stuff a lot, but i won't support Propellerheads' price politics.

PRICE politics?

Great Instrument... I love it !!!
KVRAF

Postby mellotronaut; Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:10 pm

SKYNETRON wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:never thought of selling Reason, but now i do. nothing against Jon and Rob. i like their stuff a lot, but i won't support Propellerheads' price politics.

PRICE politics?

:dog: i have the AU, VST, RTAS version of Predator and i don't have the money to buy it again due to Props' price politics (full price for everybody and no crossgrade!)and i don't want to support this company anymore, that waits for several years till it opens it's host for third party devs, when most of its (long term) users have bought into other software due to the long lasting limitations (see above) of Reason. :x
KVRer

7 posts since 21 Jun, 2012

Postby SKYNETRON; Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

mellotronaut wrote:
SKYNETRON wrote:

PRICE politics?

:dog: i have the AU, VST, RTAS version of Predator and i don't have the money to buy it again due to Props' price politics (full price for everybody and no crossgrade!)and i don't want to support this company anymore, that waits for several years till it opens it's host for third party devs, when most of its (long term) users have bought into other software due to the long lasting limitations (see above) of Reason. :x

Ahh I see, Rob or Jon.... stated somewhere that they might be able to offer a lower price for crossgrade if you contact them ?!? try that.
KVRAF

Postby mellotronaut; Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm

SKYNETRON wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
SKYNETRON wrote:

PRICE politics?

Ahh I see, Rob or Jon.... stated somewhere that they might be able to offer a lower price for crossgrade if you contact them ?!? try that.

you can crossgrade from RE to VST,AU,RTAS, but not vice versa: this is Propellerheads' price politics. :-o
KVRAF

1905 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 am

Hello,

Currently the shop system of Propellerheads has no 'coupon code' feature.
Once that is possible we can also offer for a good price an additional license for Predator owners for Predator-RE.

So we love to do this, but not possible yet. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

Best,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
KVRist

479 posts since 2 Jun, 2004, from Tellus

Postby eXode; Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 am

Rob & Co!

I just trialed the new VST demo, it sounds much better imho so that should be great news for Predator RE 1.0.2 as well! But I have a question that I don't know if it has been answered. Predator VST has an over filtering option, I don't remember if anyone asked if that has been incorporated in the RE version?

Cheers!
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:14 pm

The new version of Predator-RE 1.0.2. with new osc code (and default 4x oversampling in the presets now) , should be released this week. Over-sampling filter, is on by default now.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

1905 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 am

Hi,

It is out now :D

Full PDF manual here:
http://www.robpapen.com/pdf/RobPapen_Predator-RE.pdf

Latest version Predator-RE version 1.0.2
changes:
- non aliasing oscillators
- 4x oversampling default setting
- new patches inside: Predator dance 04/Classic Synth 04/DubStep 02/TONAL AXiS/TheCyberDemon (new artist patches)
- Standard Reason Note Input (Gate & CV) , so you can properly trigger Reason from other devices now.

bug fixes:
- All controls latchable now
- Arp Note Output works correctly now
- Mod / After controls works
- FX CPU spike fixed
- Removed click on changing presets
- Arp Latch doesn't stop arp when you turning it on
- Fixed Arp start click
- Fixed problem with Filter LFO Poly / Mono having slightly different speed
- Fixed problem with pitch-bend semitone range being doubled
- Added numbers to the arp screen
- Manual updated
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

Hi

Predator-RE 1.0.3 can be downloaded.
Please also download the latest manual.

Full PDF manual here:
http://www.robpapen.com/pdf/RobPapen_Predator-RE.pdf

Latest version Predator-RE 1.0.3
- almost all controls now can be automated. The only ones missing are the effect & arp dials controls due to lack of midi cc. Please check manual for controller list information.
- fixed problem with arp gate output causing stuck notes
- added note indicator led
- lots of other small fixes and improvements.
- Manual updated

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

582 posts since 2 May, 2005

Postby Gosh; Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:17 am

h jon, is there an ETA for the 1.0.7 update? the new graphics look so great that i'm planning to add predator re to my reason rack (although i own the vst as well).
cheers
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 am

I'm going to apply to Props for it to be released tomorrow, usually takes a few days after that, so hopefully next week sometime.

Cheers

Jon
PreviousNext

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen