Hydra (ElectroProg - Seismic Exhumation)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bizarre! not my cup of tea, but some interesting moments here and there. ;)

bill45 wrote:Nice composition, well produced!
Thanks very much for checking this out and commenting, Bill. Glad you liked it :)

folderol wrote:Rather strange, especially the opening, but moves about nicely. Certainly fits the title!
I'm glad you found it strange. I was going for a bit of juxtaposition here between the Cello, calliope and tinkly e-piano sounds versus the more overt electronic components. Thanks very much for listening and commenting, folderol :)
folderol wrote: P.S.
Reminds me a lot of whatsisname :D
I get that a lot............ :hihi:

Really like the way this progresses, and once up and running, it really hops along.. The first minute twas a bit quirky for me, but I'm square I guess. :shrug:

vaisnava wrote:bizarre! not my cup of tea, but some interesting moments here and there. ;)
I think bizarre could very well be a perfect descriptor.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, vaisnava :)

Quirky! It reminds me of something Cirque du Soleil might use. :tu:
Blue Phase Music

polyslax wrote:Fascinating piece Tim, really original, quirky, groovy, complex, one of my faves for sure, sounds fab and I've got it nicely cranked as I'm alone! Listening again... awesome!
+1 - Agreed. I really like most nearly all of the Seismic1 compositions. Kool analog sounds. Quirky, yes. Weird, no. It's nifty synth music, but it's musical and melodic. Great job, Tim. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

fateamenabletochange wrote:Really like the way this progresses, and once up and running, it really hops along.. The first minute twas a bit quirky for me, but I'm square I guess. :shrug:
The first minute is Chamber music, but on a very low budget :hihi:

I think this track was hammered together from about 4 separate pieces I was working on. Individually, I couldn't get them to go anywhere, but once I hit upon the idea of putting them together, the track developed a life of its own. That was quite a lot of fun.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, fatc. Glad you liked it :)

great tune - quite a journey! i love the quirkiness of this - especially the start where the different elements slowly come together. great work.

neil.

4lb Kitty wrote:Quirky! It reminds me of something Cirque du Soleil might use. :tu:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, 4lb Kitty. Glad you liked it :)

You wouldn't catch me on that Wheel Of Death :-o

Cool .. varied and interesting.. sounds nice

Brother Charles wrote:
polyslax wrote:Fascinating piece Tim, really original, quirky, groovy, complex, one of my faves for sure, sounds fab and I've got it nicely cranked as I'm alone! Listening again... awesome!
+1 - Agreed. I really like most nearly all of the Seismic1 compositions. Kool analog sounds. Quirky, yes. Weird, no. It's nifty synth music, but it's musical and melodic. Great job, Tim. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks very much for the great comments, Brother Charles. Glad you enjoyed it :)

What did you think of that EQP-1A? I have it on here and on my last 10 tracks or so.

macmurphy wrote:great tune - quite a journey! i love the quirkiness of this - especially the start where the different elements slowly come together. great work.

neil.
Thanks for listening and for the great comments, Neil. That intro is a little odd, but I think it is a crucial part of the finished track. I took some inspiration from XTC's "River Of Orchids" for that.

Glad you liked it :)

great toe tappin smorgasborg of sounds and rythms on this one, tim. kinda had
a bit of a kraftwerky sound with the filter Q clicks. (a sound i'll never get tired of):hihi:
and the random cello in there added some strangeness in a good way. cool, cool track 8)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

markkuja wrote:Cool .. varied and interesting.. sounds nice
Thanks very much for stopping by and commenting, markkuja. Glad you liked it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”