Mac pricing ? Wait or buy now

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want an i7 MacBook pro with extra ram but the price is crazy really
I'm wondering if there are any new processors due out soon ?
So the current macs may drop in price, I know how apple love to bring out new generations of
their devices very quickly. So should I wait till the new year or grab one
now?
MB

The new MacBooks came out this year, end of August IIRC.
It'll be a while until they'll put new processors into them. ;)
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Apple is actually pretty slow about updating their computers. Whereas everyone else updates with every release by intel, Apple updates once a year or so... Apple's next CPU update is likely to not happen until after Haswell ships.

I'm in the market for a new iMac, and as far as I can remember this is the first announcement where the supply chain wasn't already in place to back it up. Usually, a new Apple announcement is pretty much a sign of 'ready to ship' whereas this time it seems a little more hype-delay.

I'm prolly wrong, though, and all the mac guys will list for me the number of pre-announcements Apple have made recently..
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Unless you're waiting for a new Mac Pro machine, there's not much reason to wait. The updates were recently made, this year, as noted.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

thanks for the info guys, i just ment since they release ipad version rather fast etc thought the macbooks could be updated also, as im trying to get the best price i can on this. Most places seem about the same price
MB

If you can't wait one more year, once Haswell CPU models are out, buy now.

As I said, the new Mac Books just came out 2 months ago, the hardware in it is as fresh as it's ever gonna be until the next update in at least a year or so.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

fair enough, so would you guys just recommend buying direct from apple?
MB

are you using logic? if not then you would be foolish to buy an Apple..
if logic then you have no options (well hackintosh but i dont recommend
Scott
ADK

Do you see any real variation in pricing from other sellers of Apple computers? Do you want to buy Apple Care?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

well i cant seem to find any variation in price really, i wanted to upgrade the 13" mac book pro i7 from 8gb to 16gb but they wont allow me to do this now, i found a store that does this and the price is £1500

im using ableton live 8 currently but wanted to move to logic really,
ive got a 1 year old i7 pc with 4gb ram which was build for music but it keeps freezing and crashing, getting fed up with this to be honest

i dont want apple care nope
MB

markbenson wrote:well i cant seem to find any variation in price really, i wanted to upgrade the 13" mac book pro i7 from 8gb to 16gb but they wont allow me to do this now, i found a store that does this and the price is £1500

im using ableton live 8 currently but wanted to move to logic really,
ive got a 1 year old i7 pc with 4gb ram which was build for music but it keeps freezing and crashing, getting fed up with this to be honest

i dont want apple care nope
freezing/crashing is down to hardware or drivers, possible plugins. No need to buy another computer to fix this. If youre specific about the problem here im sure it can be resolved.

jcschild wrote:are you using logic? if not then you would be foolish to buy an Apple..
if logic then you have no options (well hackintosh but i dont recommend
Scott
ADK
Unless he just wants a Mac. I don't think he wanted this to become a Mac vs. PC thread, otherwise he would have asked that question.

while i don't like the price of any apple products i do want to move to logic so i don't see this as much of a choice, i know you can get a fast more powerful built pc or laptop for half the price of a mac but still no logic, which is a pain as i would prefer not to buy another computer.
i am actually more surprised there is not more pro mac comments here.
MB

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”