Heavy House/Trance feedback? Please be honest...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So here is a little demo at an attempt of your average run of the mill house/trance genres. I am hoping you can be as honest as possible about the mix, levels, mixing, compression, etc. I usually do ambient type stuff, so this is new for me.

Thank you all for your feedback... it really helps as a guide. :)

http://atmastudios.com/demo/%20vaisnava ... sm%202.mp3

This is a good track! Not my kind of style, but I really enjoyed it! I can hear that you usually do ambient stuff in this one, but thats not a bad thing. I like when you hear influences of other genres. I gave it five listens and I think it sounds great, can't complain about anything really. Good job!

Your track is really good. Like the energy in it. Bit similar to what I do. Excellent arrangement I'd say, production excellent, listened to it through good 'beyer dynamic' headphones. Nice one. Keep it up!

From 'A distant earth'. (ade.b)

Last edited by lofty on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's hard to tell from a short excerpt like this, but I'd say it sits somewhere between Deep House and Trance, with the percussion having a definite House feel. The mix sounds good, with no jarring sounds, so you've probably got it right.

Good work :)

Thank you all for the feedback. :) I will work on making it longer and trying to tighten some things up. I only have my headphones and a pair if computer speakers to work with. Kinda in the dark.

Last edited by lofty on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like this, has a warm wide sound, and small nuances are easy to hear.

I liked what you have here, but don't think the bits of speech actually add anything - to me, they actually get in the way.
Just my opinion of course :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Sounds lush!

its very LuSH ;)

vaisnava wrote:its very LuSH ;)
+101
Cowbells!

Forrest, this is awesome!! Nice work man, I really like this piece. We definitely need to reconnect and try to start something together, IMO.

Return to “Music Cafe”