What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

OverToneDSP Pultec EQ 50% discount until end of October 2012

Official support for: overtonedsp.co.uk

Moderator: OverTone DSP

OverTone DSP
KVRist

65 posts since 23 Feb, 2012, from Oxford, England

Postby OverTone DSP; Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 am OverToneDSP Pultec EQ 50% discount until end of October 2012

The PTC-2A is a Windows VST and Mac OSX Audio Unit emulation of the classic Pultec EQP-1A. Separate LF Boost and Attenuate controls allow simultaneous boost and cut, replicating the signature Pultec sounds while a smooth mid-range boost and top end attenuate permit large amounts of boost without becoming harsh. A transformer-coupled tube amplifier emulation further enhances the vintage qualities, something which is not always found in similar products.

Free demo available from the OverTone website, the full version can be purchased at a 50% discount until the end of October 2012.

Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later and an Audio Unit compatible host application

or

Windows XP / 7 and a VST compatible host application.
Spitfire31
KVRAF

1964 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 am

It's strangely quiet so far about this new Pultec clone.

I downloaded the demo, read up on the 'Pultec bass trick' and got a beneficial effect on a bass guitar track that needed a bit of 'definition'.

So, I bought PTC-2A immediately, installed with a key file without any problems and am happy so far. And you can't fault the current discounted price… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
OverTone DSP
KVRist

Postby OverTone DSP; Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:29 am

@Spitfire31: Glad you liked the plugin - the low-end trick works well on Bass, but also on kick drum etc, it's one of the signature sounds the Pultec is famous for, and we're hopeful that the discounted price will continue to generate more interest in this plugin. You can also use the EQ to good effect on vocals and across an entire mix, the mid-range boost and top-end attenuate can similarly be used to 'push' and 'pull' the top end allowing large amounts of smooth high / mid boost without becoming harsh, just like the genuine hardware.
TheoM
KVRAF

19273 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:31 am

this is stellar. I don't know why someone said the other day in another topic the high end was harsh, it's smooth as butter.

This is one of the finest pultec plugins i ever tried, and is as good as the $200 softube one

at $25 (after pp conversion), and desperately looking for a cheap character eq at a low cost since leaving reason and going back to logic with barely any plugins, you have actually filled a big hole for me,

thank you for the ridiculous price and fine tool, off to purchase now.

There is a very important bug i have pm'd you about as i couldn't talk about it publicly, you will understand when you read the PM.

cheers,

Theo
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
OverTone DSP
KVRist

Postby OverTone DSP; Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 am

@ttoz:
There is a very important bug i have pm'd you about

Thanks for the information, we have done some tests, and while we haven't been able to replicate the issue you highlighted, the issue as described will not normally affect the functionality of the plugin, however, we continually develop and improve all the products and updates will be available (free to existing users) if necessary.

this is stellar. I don't know why someone said the other day in another topic the high end was harsh, it's smooth as butter.

Regarding the top-end EQ, all EQ's can be made to sound harsh in the right (or wrong) circumstances e.g. if you boost the midrange with a narrow bandwidth (and the same could be said of the original hardware), however the defining feature of these EQs is the way the passive filters behave, providing a generally smoother characteristic, for relatively large amounts of boost, than for example a conventional parametric.
Combined with the separate boost and attenuate controls which allow you to 'push and pull' the top-end, if there is anything in the original material which gives rise to harshness it can normally be tamed by pulling down on it with the HF attenuate.
dave dove
KVRian

527 posts since 31 Aug, 2007

Postby dave dove; Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 am

really like this

dave
Brother Charles
KVRian

758 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I absolutely have become a huge admirer of this plugin. I bought it without expecting a whole lot . . . boy, was I wrong. This is a very, very nice Pultec clone. I really, really like the "tight" but very robust low end. The mids/high are nice too, but boy, is the low end ever nice.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
c_bomb
KVRist

168 posts since 3 Apr, 2012, from Melbourne

Postby c_bomb; Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Just here to echo the praise this plug is getting.

Rounds out the low end nicely.

:love:
3ee
KVRAF

2904 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 am

I really like the sound of it, great plugin!
... hopefully this sale period will end soon, otherwise I might end up with another plug! :cry:
:hihi:

Moderator: OverTone DSP

Return to OverTone DSP