Voices in Pattern mode (Sequencer)

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been trying to work out how to use the Voices in Pattern mode in the Sequencer. Can someone enlighten me? I've tried looking at some of the patches to find clues, but no luck - Help doesn't help much either!

Also when opening VAZ in a DAW what's the difference between VSTi (32 out) and VSTi (8 out).

Thanks for any help.

Basically, voices allow you to build layered sequences or chords. Play a simple sequence on voice 1 then switch to voice 2, clear the 'rest' buttons and open up the gate slider you should then hear the new notes playing. After that it's up to you...of course, being VazMod I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could use it for.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Thanks a lot - I thought it must have been something like that - but it didn't seem to work when I tried - I'll give it another go!

ok - go it - thanks - very useful!

A bonus compared to most other sequencers I know of is that you can use slides on just one of the voices and/or on several but independant of each other, hope you understand what I mean.

Independent of this as I'm not sure of that works with several voices (I can look into this later): Also check out letting the sequencer run while you're in arp mode and explore the possibilities with different patterns and the various options for "Arp Mode". (I seldom do this myself, so no advanced tips to give besides the fact that you can.. :P )

The difference between the "regular" VSTi and the 32 out is that, well, the 32 out has 32 outs.. Explore the Sub Output module (available in the "Plugin Effect" module and on Vaz Modulars Mixer inserts and Aux sends) a bit, in one mode it's "just" another output while in another it can bring whatever that output is routed into back into Vaz Modular. Thus you can process and filter an effected and/or or parallell processed version of something, you should be able to make strange feedback loops (remember to use a mixer or an amp module to regulate the degree of feedback) etc. Look into "feedforward" if this only partially makes sense. Or just explore and see what happens, just remember to put a limiter either on the masterinsert of your DAW or somewhere else appropriate, crazy stuff can happen and it can get painful if you don't... :-o
- How well that trick works may depend on how your DAW does it's routing though, some may chose not to process what is assumed to be unused effects etc..

Sorry if I'm telling you anything you may allready have thought of, or throwing too much information out there at once or presenting it an a slightly messy manner or something..

Thanks a lot - all very useful, especially the notion of feedback loops!

Return to “VAZ Synths”