Inspiration, by -musicalentropy

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Inspiration

Hello everybody ! I'm opening this thread about my contribution to the KVR Developer Challenge, the software Inspiration, because I think that the concept behind the software may be difficult to understand without a little information from me :D

First, I have finally finished to translate everything I needed in english, so you will be able to find a lot of information on my blog :

http://musicalentropy.wordpress.com/201 ... on-kvr-dc/

So, my contribution IS NOT another copy of software adaptations of Oblique Strategies. I have tried to extend as much as possible its application domain, with the use of tags, and the possibility to create and share your own advice sets.

Any opinion or question about the concept and the software ?

Have fun !

PS. I will upload a lot of more or less useful sets in the next weeks :hihi:

Aha! This is just like the software that I lost from a while back. It was a screensaver and it randomly displayed editable text messages. But hey, the words in your software seems to be specific to musical creativity and so I am keeping it as a replacement. Thanks very much. Is it too late to request for additional functions? If not too late and not taking things for granted too much on my part, how about the function to adjust the size of the window (hard to see the sources of the phrases) and maybe the option to automatically and randomly go to the next phrase and the option to adjust time delay between each phrases?

Thanks for the interest :wink:
But hey, the words in your software seems to be specific to musical creativity
Of course ! :hihi:
Is it too late to request for additional functions?
I think so :wink: But I have plans for after the contest yet.
how about the function to adjust the size of the window (hard to see the sources of the phrases)
You are talking about what section of the content ? I may change the Font size if it is just that...

Anyway, you have the possibility to create your own set, which means you can write a list of text entries which can be displayed randomly :wink:

Anybody to give its opinion on the concept ?

Wolfen666 wrote:You are talking about what section of the content ? I may change the Font size if it is just that...
Yes, at bottom right, the name of the person that the phrase came from, font is too small. I guess the way to edit the sets is just to open them in a text editor and add phrases and save file? Is there a file size limit?

You're right, this is small, I may update this thing (this is not a feature but a bug correction, so I will do it today)
I guess the way to edit the sets is just to open them in a text editor and add phrases and save file? Is there a file size limit?
I have included an editor inside the application, and I have spend 3/4 of my development time on it, so it will be good enough to help people write tons of advice sets :hihi: And I think my application will be able to handle 10000+ advice items without any problem :D

Wolfen666 wrote:and I have spend 3/4 of my development time on it
I don't know about the other voters but this voter truly appreciate developers's time and effort. I have very high respect for coders. All I can say is keep up the good work. And thanks very much.

You're welcome :D

I like it! A handy tool for sure!
[Insert Signature Here]

Thank you :wink:

I have updated Inspiration 1.0.1 for both Windows and Mac OS X, featuring the description with a higher font size, and solving a few english issues :D

Definitely gets one of my votes! Absolutely the last thing I would have expected for a DC entry. And fun too :)

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks a lot :D

Hi, how to upload some phrases from me?

Have a good day and good luck in the contest :)

Really liking this one! It's a very handy tool, and one that will surely grow as more people get into it an create some phrases of their own. One thing though: I can't find a way to modulate the filter cutoff. Am I missing something? ;)

IrionDaRonin > Thank you ! If you want to upload something of your own, you may put it somewhere on a ftp, google docs, with dropbox etc. I may even get it and upload on my dropbox server, where I'm going to put all the sets I'm currently working on :wink:

ariston > Thank you too :wink:
I can't find a way to modulate the filter cutoff. Am I missing something?
:hihi:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”