Zen Question

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

How do I put the imported presets into categories? E.g. Bass, Lead, Pad, etc.
I can't figure this out for the life of me. :?

Thanks.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Sorry to ask what probably seems like a fairly basic question, but the Quickstart guide does not make a lot of sense.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Bump.

It's been a while since I did this, and I don't have Zen to hand, but I managed to figure it out from the quickstart guide.

Here's the relevant bit:
Tagging presets

You can modify a preset tags by ctrl-clicking on any tag in the lists (except for the plugin tags, for obvious reasons). Presets displayed with a dot next to them are considered untagged, and stay so until a tag from the "instruments" category is assigned to them.

Zen remembers the tags you have applied to presets, and automatically publishes them to the server when you turn Zen online.
If I remember correctly, this means you basically load a preset and then Ctrl+click on the tags (lead or whatver) you want to assign to the preset.

Exactly. You can also select several presets at once using ctrl-click or shift-click, and then apply your tag to all of them by ctrl-clicking the tag.

Oops did not realise it was that easy, sorry. :oops:

I tried ctl-clicking on the preset name, expecting it to do something.
I also tried dragging the preset across to the presets category, hoping it would ask me which category I wanted to put it in.
But I didn't realise that all I needed to do was highlight the preset and ctl-click the category to place it in.

Anyway, thanks heaps... crisis averted. :P

Actually the context information box at the bottom of the screen should have told you, as you hover over some tags.

I guess this means there are still usability improvements to be made...

Return to “Big Tick”