What's the deal with Presonus forums' "Karma" rankings?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you don't know what I mean, go to their forums and check out any thread. You'll see five little blips below each member's name. Apparently, the more helpful you are (Not sure who determines that), the more of your blips are lit up.

At first, I thought it was strictly a post-count thing... but I see at least one member with less than seventy posts who's ranked at five blips, while another person with thousands of posts with a ranking of only four.

I get that this is probably Presonus' way of trying to promote helpfulness/good behavior in the forums... But it seems to me that ranking someone's overall helpfulness would not be a fair/easy thing to do, and therefore not exactly spreading "good Karma" itself. I dunno...

Am I missing something here? :?

(And no, this isn't about me - before someone accuses me of having sour grapes - my post-count over there is quite low). :lol:

Okay, so I just found the answer to one of my questions.

Looks like other members "rate" each post, and that accumulates to one's overall ranking...

Ouch, feels like high school all over again. :hihi:

Wow, I have just checked and I have a top ranking with only 30 posts. What happened, what did I do? :hihi:

Have you ever heard of facebook?

No, but I searched and found that it's some kind of social thing made by a guy who always spells his own name wrong. According to Firefox spell-checker it should be...

:lol:

I hate facebook. Anyways, that's why it's there. That's the whole "thing". I'm surprised we don't have that crap here.

I only go to about 4 forums, one of them has that crap and it's fine for giving a "like" to someone for a funny post, agreeing, or a bitchin guitar photo. But they also have "neg rep" which assholes use to spit their vile. Hasn't happened to me yet, but it's pretty retarded. Then again, a LOT of kids (I mean, under 18 ) over there.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”