What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

Official support for: valhalladsp.com

Moderator: valhallasound

KVRist

416 posts since 25 Dec, 2009

Postby Photo_G; Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi Sean,

Is there a Windows x64 beta available? If so, I can test it for you.

Thanks,
G
KVRian

540 posts since 1 May, 2011

Postby miedex; Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Found a Freqecho bug in Reaper

Reaper is supposed to keep track of which control you last touched but it always just goes right for the HPF
miedex
KVRian

Postby miedex; Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 pm

And a feature request: pitch (rate) mode. I don't see many other delay that can makes each successive tap go +/- semitones.
miedex
KVRAF

2824 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Pacific NW

Postby valhallasound; Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:20 pm

miedex wrote:And a feature request: pitch (rate) mode. I don't see many other delay that can makes each successive tap go +/- semitones.

ValhallaFreqEcho uses frequency shifting, not pitch shifting:

- Pitch shifting preserves the harmonic structure of the signal, and just multiplies every frequency in the signal by a constant (in reality, most pitch shifters also add all sorts of artifacts, but this is due to the pretty impossible task pitch shifters are called upon to perform).

- Frequency shifting *adds* a constant value to every frequency in a signal, which ends up "detuning" the signal. In other words, a frequency shifter can make a sound seem out of tune with itself.

Sean Costello
KVRian

Postby miedex; Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:12 am

valhallasound wrote:
miedex wrote:And a feature request: pitch (rate) mode. I don't see many other delay that can makes each successive tap go +/- semitones.

ValhallaFreqEcho uses frequency shifting, not pitch shifting:

- Pitch shifting preserves the harmonic structure of the signal, and just multiplies every frequency in the signal by a constant (in reality, most pitch shifters also add all sorts of artifacts, but this is due to the pretty impossible task pitch shifters are called upon to perform).

- Frequency shifting *adds* a constant value to every frequency in a signal, which ends up "detuning" the signal. In other words, a frequency shifter can make a sound seem out of tune with itself.

Sean Costello

Why not add a new mode like you have in your other plugins? Just a bit of wishful thinking.

By pitch shifting I meant slowing down or speeding up the audio of each successive tap, not special pitch shifting with artifacts and such.
miedex
KVRAF

Postby valhallasound; Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 am

EvilDragon wrote:x64 soon? :)

I have some other work I need to finish up, then I'll get back to the FreqEcho code.

Sean Costello
KVRian

1338 posts since 9 Apr, 2002, from Poissy, France

Postby carrieres; Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:28 am Re: ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

x64 soon?
KVRAF

Postby valhallasound; Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:31 am Re: ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

carrieres wrote:x64 soon?

I posted an OSX beta the other day in the Effects KVR forum. I updated my AAX Updates page as well:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/aax-updates

You can check into the AAX updates page for the latest info, including ports to Windows, and links to the latest betas.

Sean Costello
Tp3
KVRAF

1531 posts since 7 Feb, 2007

Postby Tp3; Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:44 am Re: ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

Edit
The whole notion of Analog vs Digital emulation has long gone haywire...
Previous

Moderator: valhallasound

Return to Valhalla DSP