About internal effects and effect chains

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I don't own too many effect plugins. I have Mach5 and Omnisphere which both have quite usable effect on their own. So they are internal effects right?

Well my problem is that I'm struggling to build effect chain where everything is in the right order. For example I have an external distorion plugin which should be one of the first effects in the chain. Then I have internal reverb in Mach5 which should be last in the fx chain.

But if I'm not mistaked when using internal effects they come before everything else. Is there any way to chance the order around so first comes the distorion and then the reverb.

Well and I'm using Studio One if that helps.

If you want total control over the fx order, and internal effects don't get you there, then you need to resort to effect plugins. But you could experiment with the "wrong" order (eg reverb first, then distortion) it could lead to pleasant surprises.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Vertti wrote:Is there any way to chance the order around so first comes the distorion and then the reverb.
If you want to use the external distortion before the internal reverb - no, that's not possible. Other than that, fx order depends on you.

Use external reverb :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thanks guys.

Have to buy ValhallaRoom then. Well I should buy it anyway. It's a bargain.

Vertti wrote:Have to buy ValhallaRoom then. Well I should buy it anyway. It's a bargain.
Good lad :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Valhalla Room blows me away it looks like a cheap plugin on the website but the sound and functions beat the large decades old companies plugins.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”