What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Scapes Wizard 2 SF2

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com

Moderators: Meffy, Shabdahbriah, dnekm, Fortune

stephen_gray98
KVRer

6 posts since 6 Jun, 2008, from Cirencester, UK

Postby stephen_gray98; Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 am Scapes Wizard 2 SF2

Hello.

I'm having fun using the Scapes Wizard 2 program but am having difficulty understanding how to save the samples that are already included (for safety so I don't overwrite them) and how to load new ones. I can see how I can load an sf2 file but am not sure where to go from there. I've got Viena so I suspect this is half the battle.

Regards

Stephen Gray
Fortune
KVRAF

1830 posts since 15 Aug, 2004, from soundland

Postby Fortune; Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 am

stephen_gray98 wrote:Hello.

I'm having fun using the Scapes Wizard 2 program but am having difficulty understanding how to save the samples that are already included (for safety so I don't overwrite them) and how to load new ones. I can see how I can load an sf2 file but am not sure where to go from there. I've got Viena so I suspect this is half the battle.

Regards

Stephen Gray

As general rule sf2 filenames are stored with an fxp / fxb thus loading an fxp with different sf2 filenames will have these files for the whole bank (fxb).

also:
Loading patchbanks and sf2 is not found (also general hint to place additional sf2 files)

- make sure you have the sf2 file;
- an sf2 file's basic location (where the plugin will look first) is the subfolder where all sem/sep files of the plugin are stored - so you might put the sf2 file there;
- another solution might be to put a bunch of sf2 files to a special dedicated folder;
- then simply load the sf2 file/s into the resp. slots AND save the patchbank so this new location will be stored!

hth
HG
frank246
KVRer

6 posts since 25 Apr, 2012, from Bloomington, Indiana, USA

Postby frank246; Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 am

I am afraid I am way behind the curve and am using what might be the original Scapes Wizard mini which, apparently, is no longer offered. Also, I am a visual artist, not a musician or VST afficiando. But I think Scapes Wizard is great and have created a number of pieces using it that will at some point accompany my visuals on Youtube. The problem is that I can find no way to load SF2s or understand how to use them. I did load (I think) ScapeWizInside.fxp but didn't understand how to use it either. Needless to say, I am also concerned that my fumbling around may mess up the working setup I have by default. Sorry to be such an amateur. Can you point me to any kind of step-by-step instructions?

Moderators: Meffy, Shabdahbriah, dnekm, Fortune

Return to HG Fortune