What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

please.. help me mix this monsterous WIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF
 
8379 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am

I wouldn't use the main part as an intro (except if you write the whole song again), but you could either use a beat gradually coming in or something atmospheric (for example some wind flutes). I think a song should have a "theme" - in your case it would be "Chinese Fastfood", or something like this. Because a song with the title "fubby-4-wip" doesn't sound appealing to anyone...
stillshaded
KVRist
 
307 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby stillshaded; Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 am

I'm not really into the idea of having a theme necessarily. I think it would be disingenuous in my case. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular while I wrote this. The music speaks for itself. If it makes you think of something cool, but really to me it's just an abstraction. Not exactly expecting this to be chart topper so why put up a front?
TrekStar
KVRian
 
687 posts since 5 Jun, 2002, from Southern Germany

Postby TrekStar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 am

....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf
Trakstar
Banned

Postby Trakstar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 am

TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf


Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)
TrekStar
KVRian
 
687 posts since 5 Jun, 2002, from Southern Germany

Postby TrekStar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:59 am

Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf


Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)



....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
ps: have you heard anything from trickstar?
Trakstar
Banned

Postby Trakstar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 am

Its fun, cheesy synth pop and DIFFERENT, and thats what makes it better than all the same crap thats out there, Character and Individuality!!!.

Time and practice my friend without allowing anyone to distract you from your own musical experiments and Im pretty sure one day you will make a darned good track, you see the main thing that is lacking these days is FRESH IDEAS AND INNOVATIONS so keep at it, soundwise it was quite fun to listen to on my cheapo crappy PC desktop speakers!! :tu:
Trakstar
Banned

Postby Trakstar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 am

TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf


Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)



....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
ps: have you heard anything from trickstar?


No, but im sure he will be around here one of these days :hihi:
(thats a real character name that I invented by the way, coincidence?? :shock:)
TrekStar
KVRian
 
687 posts since 5 Jun, 2002, from Southern Germany

Postby TrekStar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am

Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf


Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)



....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
ps: have you heard anything from trickstar?


No, but im sure he will be around here one of these days :hihi:
(thats a real character name that I invented by the way, coincidence?? :shock:)


....hahaha :D ...dude...didn't know that kvr can be also such a funny place. might be all the tr*kstar brothers could reunite the band for a big session... :D
Trakstar
Banned

Postby Trakstar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 am

TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf


Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)



....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
ps: have you heard anything from trickstar?


No, but im sure he will be around here one of these days :hihi:
(thats a real character name that I invented by the way, coincidence?? :shock:)


....hahaha :D ...dude...didn't know that kvr can be also such a funny place. might be all the tr*kstar brothers could reunite the band for a big session... :D


Ill put a call out for Truckstar and Trickstir and see where they are :hihi:
TrekStar
KVRian
 
687 posts since 5 Jun, 2002, from Southern Germany

Postby TrekStar; Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf


Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)



....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
ps: have you heard anything from trickstar?


No, but im sure he will be around here one of these days :hihi:
(thats a real character name that I invented by the way, coincidence?? :shock:)


....hahaha :D ...dude...didn't know that kvr can be also such a funny place. might be all the tr*kstar brothers could reunite the band for a big session... :D


Ill put a call out for Truckstar and Trickstir and see where they are :hihi:


:D :D :D ...ok... :hihi: ...I gues we should stop this nonsense and messing up stillshaded's thread. well, at least we deleivered several good meant bumps...

greetings


wolf
stillshaded
KVRist
 
307 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby stillshaded; Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 am

lol.. thanks for the perspective and the humorous banter. So it seems like I'm really just going to focus on the arrangement mostly. thanks again guys.
Previous

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe