Drag & Drop and automapping

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way to automap a bunch of files with different velocities? Drag & Drop maps different files to different keys.
I have a lot of velocity-based drum waves I'd like to map and it would be very helpful if automapping can be configured/used for different things.

Currently, no. Though I can imagine it being useful when building velocity layers. I will add it as a feature request for later.
Its not immediately clear how one would tell the sample to do this though. Perhaps an "intelligent" feature that detects if you are dropping several samples with the same root key (or no root key) which asks if you want key layout or velocity groups?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Cool! Nice to hear. It's a nice product already but this would make it even more useful to me. Imho most samplers lack sophisticated mapping tools.
Poise does this in the order of file selection in the browser. Top down or bottom up should be configurable tough. A more intelligent approach could try to parse the filenames. In most cases there is just a number distinguishing them.
The most flexible (and geeky) approach would be something like printf() or what mp3-tag editors do when converting from filename to tag (see Mp3Tag).

elcallio wrote:Its not immediately clear how one would tell the sample to do this though. Perhaps an "intelligent" feature that detects if you are dropping several samples with the same root key (or no root key) which asks if you want key layout or velocity groups?
Kontakt:

Return to “CWITEC”