Whitney Houston Edit!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, what's up! Uploaded a little edit I've made on one of my favourite tracks - Whitney Houston - How Will I Know.

Would love to hear what you guys say about it :)

All the best!

https://soundcloud.com/helloromantique/ ... how-will-i

I dig the slower bpm. It sounds a little slow at first, but then sounds just perfect with the vocal.
Good work on the break at 2:50.
Its nice, if maybe a little 'straight'. It sounds like it could be the 'official' remix in that the original sounds and vocal is largely untouched. Nothing wrong with that, its 'clean'.

My last two house tunes were Whitney mixes oddly enough.
Check the link in my sig if you want to hear some fairly 'unclean' mixes. :)
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:I dig the slower bpm. It sounds a little slow at first, but then sounds just perfect with the vocal.
Good work on the break at 2:50.
Its nice, if maybe a little 'straight'. It sounds like it could be the 'official' remix in that the original sounds and vocal is largely untouched. Nothing wrong with that, its 'clean'.

My last two house tunes were Whitney mixes oddly enough.
Check the link in my sig if you want to hear some fairly 'unclean' mixes. :)
Thanks man, I just wanted a version that would fit better into my sets, not messing with the original too much. Will definitely check out your stuff!

works great in that tempo!
from 3:20 there are same strange little things going on harmonically..
f.e. that synth chord at 4:22. quarter tones?

forw wrote:works great in that tempo!
Cheers!

Hmm, I actually haven't added anything at those points, it's just the original song + my bassline and drums. Any idea what could be the cause?

AFTU wrote:
Cheers!

Hmm, I actually haven't added anything at those points, it's just the original song + my bassline and drums. Any idea what could be the cause?
Yes, definitely something odd. I almost looked to see if 'another' song was playing in the background on my machine, but I knew there wasn't. Yet that is what it sounds like.

It's very pronounced from 3:20-ish, something is out of sync.

Very cool up to that point though :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
AFTU wrote:
Cheers!

Yes, definitely something odd. I almost looked to see if 'another' song was playing in the background on my machine, but I knew there wasn't. Yet that is what it sounds like.

It's very pronounced from 3:20-ish, something is out of sync.

Very cool up to that point though :tu:
Yup, definitely hear it now, thanks for making me notice it guys! Will fix it and replace the file :) Damn key changes messing thingy up for non-musical people like myself...

Alright guys, I've updated it. Is it any better? https://soundcloud.com/helloromantique/ ... how-will-i

Return to “Music Cafe”