Nicky Romero Bass

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys

Here's an upcoming track which is very cool !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8AIn6j83CI

Nicky Romero is having his own edit aswell

I was hoping to maybe get some help around with the bass sound that he used, it kicks in at 58 sec's

i tried doing my own version which i got to the sound to work as i wanted it by Massive ( Modern Talking )

But i really wish to know how he got his bass line so bouncy.

I tried out different compressions but didn't really get close to it.

Any suggestions would help so much !

Thanks ! [/url]

it can probably be done both ways with some work but its either sidechain with a long attack and short release or its an lfo he has in the synth
https://soundcloud.com/ryanbrennanmusic ... -brennan-1
hit me up on facebook to talk production and stuff:
Facebook.com/ryan.brennan.7509

it is a massive preset from one of the vengeance banks don't know wich one though.

But have you tried google?

sorry not good at sound design so how would you make a bass like that and how would you make that square sound in the track?

kg2600 wrote:sorry not good at sound design so how would you make a bass like that and how would you make that square sound in the track?
if you've got massive, play around with the modern talking wave

if not you can achieve the same kind of sound by taking regular saw waves and playing with distortion and a format filter like sugar bites WOW
https://soundcloud.com/ryanbrennanmusic ... -brennan-1
hit me up on facebook to talk production and stuff:
Facebook.com/ryan.brennan.7509

play around with the massive modern talking for sure. Another suggestion I would give from personal experience in making these type of sounds is: use a flanger and chorus. Chorus goes after the flanger in the effects chain. Use negative polarity on both flanger and chorus, and you can even modulate the delay time on the flanger to give you some sweet daft punk style "wah" modulations. Cool stuff, so definitely mess around with them!

Best of Luck! Let me know if you have any more questions.

This Sound is from the Vengeance Dubstep Vol.1 Soundset. The Preset called BA Aggressive Wobble 2 if I remember right. Just turn the lfo down and play it as a standard 1/8 Bass

@ Anonym32339 you nailed it buddy thats just perfect ! and even when you conbine @ RyanBrennan tip he gave out everything just sums up !

Thanks soo much for your help soo appreciated !

are you guys talking about some kind of vengeance synthesizer or a sample pack? Cuz if there is a synthesizer, I would like to check it out!

We talk about a Soundset for the Native Instruments Massive.
Just google!

thanks!

No problem you are welcome!
Nicky Romero use a lot of the Vengeance Stuff like Nexus 2,Vengeance Soundsets and the Logic Plugins.
You should check the Vengeance stuff. Definitely the best Samples/Sounds/Plugins out there.
And No Vengeance didnt pay me for saying this :hihi:

its the BA: agressive wobble 3 from the dubstep vengeance pack.!!! enjoy!!
Damien Anthony (Producer/DJ)
facebook.com/damienanthonyofficial
soundcloud.com/djdamienanthony
Twitter: @djdamienanthony

Return to “Sound Design”