What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Cakewalk seeking OS X beta testers!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
140 posts since 21 Sep, 2011

Postby grdh20; Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for the Cakewalk reps. Emailed for test.
iMac 2012 27" 3.4/32gb ram/768ssd/Thunderbolt Drives/UAD Apollo Duo/Novation Impulse/Marantz/Amphion/Logic/Omnsiphere-Trilian-Stylus-Kontakt,etc.
KVRer
 
18 posts since 4 Oct, 2011, from Boston

Postby Josh Langberg; Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:09 am

Hello,
Thank you all so much for your applications and enthusiasm!
At this point, we have a full, well rounded group of testers, so I have to pull the plug on applications from here on out.

Thanks again for your support,
Have a good one!

-Josh Langberg
DSP Team QA Lead Engineer
Cakewalk, Boston
Last edited by Josh Langberg on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF
 
18925 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:16 am

@ Josh but the actual installers themselves don't work as they have ppc code and require rosetta.

that said i wouldn't change a system wide permission for the sake of cakewalk

and repair permissions would likely change it back anyway
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRer
 
18 posts since 4 Oct, 2011, from Boston

Postby Josh Langberg; Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 am

ttoz wrote:@ Josh but the actual installers themselves don't work as they have ppc code and require rosetta.

that said i wouldn't change a system wide permission for the sake of cakewalk

and repair permissions would likely change it back anyway



I appreciate your patience and responses about this issue, and we will do our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
Thanks,

-Josh Langberg
DSP Team QA Lead Engineer
Cakewalk, Boston
Last edited by Josh Langberg on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVRAF
 
18925 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

no Josh, the intel version has ppc code in the installer.. i think we are getting our wires crossed...
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRist
 
462 posts since 24 Mar, 2005
 

Postby woodie; Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 am

Come on, this is pathetic. Lion was released July 20, 2011...11 months ago and you guys STILL haven't done anything to update the installers??

Honestly, I don't understand the decision-making there as on one hand you're coming out and making a hoo-ha about beta testing this "new" synth on Mac, but yet you haven't even properly supported what I thought were your flagship synths....AND....now we're already on the heels of Mountain Lion!

Anyway, good luck with your new synth on Mac, but unless you guys can show that you're on top of your game in supporting what you already have and esp. for Mac users....this does not give me that warm, fuzzy feeling that I need to purchase future Cakewalk products especially since I've gone Mac for audio now and unfortunately my new iMac came with Lion.

Like ttoz said...I'm also not up for or have the patience to do any kind of work-arounds either. I just installed all 3 of the Spectrasonics stuff and they had special Lion installers that worked perfect even with the older install discs, so....if they can do it...why can't you guys?
User avatar
KVRist
 
246 posts since 24 Jul, 2007, from london

Postby dredd i knight; Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 pm

woodie wrote:Come on, this is pathetic. Lion was released July 20, 2011...11 months ago and you guys STILL haven't done anything to update the installers??

Honestly, I don't understand the decision-making there as on one hand you're coming out and making a hoo-ha about beta testing this "new" synth on Mac, but yet you haven't even properly supported what I thought were your flagship synths....AND....now we're already on the heels of Mountain Lion!

Anyway, good luck with your new synth on Mac, but unless you guys can show that you're on top of your game in supporting what you already have and esp. for Mac users....this does not give me that warm, fuzzy feeling that I need to purchase future Cakewalk products especially since I've gone Mac for audio now and unfortunately my new iMac came with Lion.

Like ttoz said...I'm also not up for or have the patience to do any kind of work-arounds either. I just installed all 3 of the Spectrasonics stuff and they had special Lion installers that worked perfect even with the older install discs, so....if they can do it...why can't you guys?

this...
bump.
thanks to chad for showing me how to get my rapture and dim pro working on mac.
this info should actually be on your website, but you should also have sorted out a much easier way to get these apps working with lion, the way spectrasonics have... cakewalks attention to detail, and bug fixing chops are way below par.... its very sad, and why i have now moved to studio one pro, and have started getting back into logic, on a MBP...
KVRian
 
523 posts since 1 Sep, 2008, from US
 

Postby softska; Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:18 pm

woodie wrote:Come on, this is pathetic. Lion was released July 20, 2011...11 months ago and you guys STILL haven't done anything to update the installers??

+1

Loved DP/Rapture, sad they don't seem to care for OSX user anymore, but... Well.

Now I'm just angry.
KVRer
 
11 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Postby shimoda; Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Josh, sent you an e-mail, Mac OS-X 10.6.8 MacBook Ableton Suite and Sonar X Le (with my UA-25 EX interface).

Would also be interested in a custom lemur template:
here are some I've made recently:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/user/4072/
KVRAF
 
1620 posts since 13 Dec, 2003, from Bulgaria
   

Postby dimitar; Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:03 am

Josh, tried your advice, but seems to not work in Mountain Lion.
Still wont accept my serial.
Trying to register Rapture 1.2
The New Album "GORA" will be released in August 30!
Please listen and share! https://soundcloud.com/diminalbantov
KVRist
 
216 posts since 25 Jan, 2007, from Wilmington, NC

Postby dham; Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Straight bullshit. Ugh. How long has Lion been out again. Now we're on Mountain Lion. If you guys would allow people to transfer licenses it wouldn't be a big deal.
KVRian
 
1231 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Kentucky

Postby Rabid; Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:50 pm

dham wrote:Straight bullshit. Ugh. How long has Lion been out again. Now we're on Mountain Lion. If you guys would allow people to transfer licenses it wouldn't be a big deal.


Ummm. So what does not being able to transfer licenses have to do with an old beta testing thread, or anything else dealing with quality?
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.
KVRian
 
500 posts since 28 Aug, 2004, from Charlotte, NC USA
 

Postby elipsis1; Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 pm

This is why I will think twice before buying any further Cakewalk virtual instruments...

Come on, still no Lion installer?

Come on Cakewalk, fix this.
User avatar
KVRist
 
64 posts since 4 Jan, 2012, from USA
 

Postby colinssx; Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:19 pm

elipsis1 wrote:This is why I will think twice before buying any further Cakewalk virtual instruments...

Come on, still no Lion installer?

Come on Cakewalk, fix this.


+1

I'm glad that I can use Z3ta on my Mac now, but I'd still love to be able to use the other two synths I bought...
User avatar
KVRian
 
1060 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm

i can't even use the Z3ta+2 on my mac (ML, logic 9.1.8); crazy sync problems...and a fix i've been waiting MONTHS for... aaargh...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments