Cakewalk seeking OS X beta testers!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the Cakewalk reps. Emailed for test.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Hello,
Thank you all so much for your applications and enthusiasm!
At this point, we have a full, well rounded group of testers, so I have to pull the plug on applications from here on out.

Thanks again for your support,
Have a good one!

-Josh Langberg
DSP Team QA Lead Engineer
Cakewalk, Boston
Last edited by Josh Langberg on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@ Josh but the actual installers themselves don't work as they have ppc code and require rosetta.

that said i wouldn't change a system wide permission for the sake of cakewalk

and repair permissions would likely change it back anyway

ttoz wrote:@ Josh but the actual installers themselves don't work as they have ppc code and require rosetta.

that said i wouldn't change a system wide permission for the sake of cakewalk

and repair permissions would likely change it back anyway

I appreciate your patience and responses about this issue, and we will do our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
Thanks,

-Josh Langberg
DSP Team QA Lead Engineer
Cakewalk, Boston
Last edited by Josh Langberg on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

no Josh, the intel version has ppc code in the installer.. i think we are getting our wires crossed...

Come on, this is pathetic. Lion was released July 20, 2011...11 months ago and you guys STILL haven't done anything to update the installers??

Honestly, I don't understand the decision-making there as on one hand you're coming out and making a hoo-ha about beta testing this "new" synth on Mac, but yet you haven't even properly supported what I thought were your flagship synths....AND....now we're already on the heels of Mountain Lion!

Anyway, good luck with your new synth on Mac, but unless you guys can show that you're on top of your game in supporting what you already have and esp. for Mac users....this does not give me that warm, fuzzy feeling that I need to purchase future Cakewalk products especially since I've gone Mac for audio now and unfortunately my new iMac came with Lion.

Like ttoz said...I'm also not up for or have the patience to do any kind of work-arounds either. I just installed all 3 of the Spectrasonics stuff and they had special Lion installers that worked perfect even with the older install discs, so....if they can do it...why can't you guys?

woodie wrote:Come on, this is pathetic. Lion was released July 20, 2011...11 months ago and you guys STILL haven't done anything to update the installers??

Honestly, I don't understand the decision-making there as on one hand you're coming out and making a hoo-ha about beta testing this "new" synth on Mac, but yet you haven't even properly supported what I thought were your flagship synths....AND....now we're already on the heels of Mountain Lion!

Anyway, good luck with your new synth on Mac, but unless you guys can show that you're on top of your game in supporting what you already have and esp. for Mac users....this does not give me that warm, fuzzy feeling that I need to purchase future Cakewalk products especially since I've gone Mac for audio now and unfortunately my new iMac came with Lion.

Like ttoz said...I'm also not up for or have the patience to do any kind of work-arounds either. I just installed all 3 of the Spectrasonics stuff and they had special Lion installers that worked perfect even with the older install discs, so....if they can do it...why can't you guys?
this...
bump.
thanks to chad for showing me how to get my rapture and dim pro working on mac.
this info should actually be on your website, but you should also have sorted out a much easier way to get these apps working with lion, the way spectrasonics have... cakewalks attention to detail, and bug fixing chops are way below par.... its very sad, and why i have now moved to studio one pro, and have started getting back into logic, on a MBP...

woodie wrote:Come on, this is pathetic. Lion was released July 20, 2011...11 months ago and you guys STILL haven't done anything to update the installers??
+1

Loved DP/Rapture, sad they don't seem to care for OSX user anymore, but... Well.

Now I'm just angry.

Josh, sent you an e-mail, Mac OS-X 10.6.8 MacBook Ableton Suite and Sonar X Le (with my UA-25 EX interface).

Would also be interested in a custom lemur template:
here are some I've made recently:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/user/4072/

Josh, tried your advice, but seems to not work in Mountain Lion.
Still wont accept my serial.
Trying to register Rapture 1.2
https://www.youtube.com/diminalbantov
You can always tell if someone used VST2 or VST3. VST2 sounds much warmer.

Straight bullshit. Ugh. How long has Lion been out again. Now we're on Mountain Lion. If you guys would allow people to transfer licenses it wouldn't be a big deal.

dham wrote:Straight bullshit. Ugh. How long has Lion been out again. Now we're on Mountain Lion. If you guys would allow people to transfer licenses it wouldn't be a big deal.
Ummm. So what does not being able to transfer licenses have to do with an old beta testing thread, or anything else dealing with quality?
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

This is why I will think twice before buying any further Cakewalk virtual instruments...

Come on, still no Lion installer?

Come on Cakewalk, fix this.

elipsis1 wrote:This is why I will think twice before buying any further Cakewalk virtual instruments...

Come on, still no Lion installer?

Come on Cakewalk, fix this.
+1

I'm glad that I can use Z3ta on my Mac now, but I'd still love to be able to use the other two synths I bought...

i can't even use the Z3ta+2 on my mac (ML, logic 9.1.8); crazy sync problems...and a fix i've been waiting MONTHS for... aaargh...

Return to “Instruments”