What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sound Libraries & SFZ

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

KVRist

55 posts since 15 Dec, 2008, from Bermuda

Postby shaymon; Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 am Sound Libraries & SFZ

I've been getting into making my own SFZs from my sample collection for Alchemy.

I was wondering if there's any way to see which Camel Sound Libraries have the most SFZs in them as opposed to single samples before purchasing them.

Thanks guys!
KVRian

758 posts since 13 Jun, 2006, from Cornwall, UK

Postby MWSOS; Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi shaymon!

I'm not sure this approach would help a lot of people, especially if they ended up choosing to buy a particular Alchemy library because it had more multi-sampled SFZ files than others - this won't tell you how 'good' or 'bad' a library is.

In general, SFZ files mapping multiple samples are used when sounds change a lot across the keyboard, such as human voices and acoustic instruments, so there is for instance lots of SFZ content in our Dream Voices, Analogica, Himalaya: Vintage among various others

However, much of the character of created sounds can come from layering using single samples at extreme engine settings. Moreover, many of the other Alchemy libraries (including my own Steamworx) contain lots of SFZ files not only for more realistic acoustic instruments but also for drum kits, assorted percussion, complex looped instruments...

Surely it's the end result that counts? :wink:

Martin
KVRAF

2657 posts since 17 Sep, 2001, from Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 am

Hi shaymon,

Martins right that the number of SFZs doesn't necessarily indicate the quality of library as there are so many other factors. But I can see that some people such as yourself may be especially interested in SFZ files for some reason. At the moment, we don't have a list anywhere of the number of SFZs in each library, but if there's demand we'll consider adding it to the product page. Here's a few ones I just looked up for you which I suspect are amongst the highest, if not the highest in terms of SFZ files:
Shlomo - 156 SFZs
Dream Voices - 113 SFZs
Guitar Mutations - 91 SFZs

Cheers
Ben
KVRian

1160 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 am

Alchemy libraries with more than 10 sfz

Shlomo - 156
Viral Outbreak - 145
Dream Voices - 113
Guitar mutations - 91
biolabs alchemy Labs - 42
Himalaya Vintage - 38
Bigtone - 36
biolabs Dark space - 31
Himalaya Pads - 24
Analogica - 20
Planet Earth - 20
Steamworx-17
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
KVRist

55 posts since 15 Dec, 2008, from Bermuda

Postby shaymon; Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 am

Great replies guys, thank you!

All your points have been taken to heart, and yes it is always the end result that counts. Thanks for your time.

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio