Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, K3ith, count me in the 15% who use a legit copy and have the Kontakt bouncing CPU meter.

I had it fired up this morning with one of Esoundz Drum Master's kits loaded. I observed the CPU bouncing and deleted everything in the project (effects, etc) except for the one instance of Kontakt. No effects going in Kontakt either. And there the CPU meter bounced and bounced and bounced (at a pretty low level...so it was not a big concern). However, when you have a lot in the project that extra bouncing could easily put you in the red zone.

k3ith wrote:I'd bet my cat that at least 85% of people complaining about performance/stability issues are using a warezzzzed version.

Whenever there is a bug that finds its way through the beta team, it is squashed within a couple of days with an update.

Studio One hardly ever crashes on me, but if it does, 99.9% of the time it's due to a 3rd party plugin playing up! :)

k3ith

Edit: Just re-read what I wrote, and I am in no way assuming/asserting that anybody on here is using a cracked copy.
Unacceptable. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I'm not allowed to say more w/o getting banned but you need your head checked.

Anyways, I'm out of this race too. I'm not going to be accused of pirating software. UNACCEPTABLE.

hibidy wrote:Anyways, I'm out of this race too. I'm not going to be accused of pirating software. UNACCEPTABLE.
Dude, he said "I am in no way assuming/asserting that anybody on here is using a cracked copy."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

k3ith wrote:I'd bet my cat
I doubt he'd like that!

If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

lingyai wrote:
k3ith wrote:I'd bet my cat that at least 85% of people complaining about performance/stability issues are using a warezzzzed version.

Whenever there is a bug that finds its way through the beta team, it is squashed within a couple of days with an update.

Studio One hardly ever crashes on me, but if it does, 99.9% of the time it's due to a 3rd party plugin playing up! :)

k3ith

Edit: Just re-read what I wrote, and I am in no way assuming/asserting that anybody on here is using a cracked copy.
The thing us, 3rd party plugins are what I want to use. Which is why they are called "hosts". Not trying to be snarky, but just sayin...
But I'm just saying, sometimes it can be a (poorly coded) 3rd party plugins which at fault, something DAW developers have very control over. This can apply to any DAW (not just Studio One). I've never heard of a DAW crashing a VST... but then again, what do I know? :)

lingyai wrote:
hibidy wrote:Anyways, I'm out of this race too. I'm not going to be accused of pirating software. UNACCEPTABLE.
Dude, he said "I am in no way assuming/asserting that anybody on here is using a cracked copy."
And I even said that before anyone even replied to my comment. :)

Back on topic; when is the new version supposed to be released? :)

grymmjack wrote:Back on topic; when is the new version supposed to be released? :)
2015 :hihi:

grymmjack wrote:Back on topic; when is the new version supposed to be released? :)
I had heard the end of November.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
Which Year ? :hihi:

OK... Seriously, where is the famous 2.5 update ?

I'm a Cubase 6.5 user, but... I have S1-Pro v2 in its box, have not bothered installing it yet, and will most likely think twice about it even after 2.5 is released. I think S1-Pro Version 3 might be at the maturity point that will tempt me to install it. But, it still depends on what 2.5 will offer. (Oh and I can't stand the GUI design/color scheme of S1-Pro V2. I hope they do something about it. Do GUI colors cost developers lots of money these days ? :D

With Cubase 7 making it's premiere appearance, and start shipping Dec. 5 th, 2012, I have less, and less desire to use S1-Pro V2. Maybe version 3 will be a good starting point to use it. But I guess it will be 2015 before S1-Pro V3 materializes. :roll:

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Official release date (if no issues arise): First week of December.

Muziksculp wrote:
braj wrote:
I'm a Cubase 6.5 user, but... I have S1-Pro v2 in its box, have not bothered installing it yet, and will most likely think twice about it even after 2.5 is released. I think S1-Pro Version 3 might be at the maturity point that will tempt me to install it. But, it still depends on what 2.5 will offer. (Oh and I can't stand the GUI design/color scheme of S1-Pro V2. I hope they do something about it. Do GUI colors cost developers lots of money these days ? :D

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Just out of interest why did you buy something you have no intention of using?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Muziksculp wrote:I'm a Cubase 6.5 user, but... I have S1-Pro v2 in its box, have not bothered installing it yet, and will most likely think twice about it even after 2.5 is released. I think S1-Pro Version 3 might be at the maturity point that will tempt me to install it. But, it still depends on what 2.5 will offer. (:D
Cheers,
Muziksculp
You could have saved that money for the Cubase 7 upgrade. What's the actual point in spending money on software that you never even plan to install and use, software that's not quite ready for you feature wise yet?

Just asking, no offense intended.

Are you a collector? :)
Last edited by LawrenceF on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kev2525 wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
braj wrote:

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Just out of interest why did you buy something you have no intention of using?
Because he is a genius.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”