Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cheesy marketing bullshit alert. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMZaxKGjhg

looks like they added some band in a box type features.

No mention of C5 --> C7 upgrades whatsoever.

lotus2035 wrote:Cheesy marketing bullshit alert. :lol:

It's funny that everyone marketing something these days makes an "impromptu"-looking bob-and-weave panning video featuring an unshaven guy with a British accent and a Justin Bieber haircut.

Do you notice that they never have bald guys with Armenian accents selling you something ?

American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, Apple ( Jony Ive ), and countless others feature the Brit-stud commentator, as though the British accent and 1001 "revolutionary" adjectives add that true artistic credibility..

Time for you ad agencies to change up your formula - this current one's been done to death.

JPTinAshland wrote:

It's funny that everyone marketing something these days makes an "impromptu"-looking bob-and-weave panning video featuring an unshaven guy with a British accent and a Justin Bieber haircut.

Do you notice that they never have bald guys with Armenian accents selling you something ?

American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, Apple ( Jony Ive ), and countless others feature the Brit-stud commentator, as though the British accent and 1001 "revolutionary" adjectives add that true artistic credibility..

Time for you ad agencies to change up your formula - this current one's been done to death.
That is NOT true. Doesn't anyone remember that guy that sounded like elmer fudd who did the wogic pwoh and Phowtoo's viddys?

talk about a sales job! I mean, I fell for it with that logic pro thing back in the day but used to CRINGE when I walked into GC with that guy going on and on.....
"with pwohtoo's you can........"

JPTinAshland wrote:It's funny that everyone marketing something these days makes an "impromptu"-looking bob-and-weave panning video featuring an unshaven guy with a British accent and a Justin Bieber haircut.

He's German so I'll give him marks for making an effort to be clearly understandable. You can blame his English teacher for the standard English accent. It's either that or an American accent which sounds even worse on Europeans or speaking English with a heavy German accent which would probably draw complaints. :hihi:

I just upgraded from Cubase Studio 5 to Cubase 6.5 in July, Plus I bought Halion Sonic and the upgrade to Halion 4 soon after, I don't know if I feel like giving Steinborg even more money so soon. If only the grace period went back 6 months.
Having said that I will wait to see what price the upgrade from Studio 5 to 7 would have cost me and see how much I lost by jumping on 6.5.

saying marketing bullshit is redundant. It's like saying wet water or military intelligence. If you listen to some random dude talk about something in completely generic terms and then try to apply meaning to it for purchasing a product ... you deserve what you get.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

So you're saying that when you started using songsmith and then realized how wrong it was, you're still a little bitter about it? :hihi:

Aaaaah! I could only watch 20 seconds of this, the first ten of which was adjusting my headphones cable. They should've hired Justin Beaver, at least then he wouldn't have to try to so hard to look and sound like himself..... :roll:

SJ_Digriz wrote:saying marketing bullshit is redundant. It's like saying wet water or military intelligence. If you listen to some random dude talk about something in completely generic terms and then try to apply meaning to it for purchasing a product ... you deserve what you get.
There are different levels of marketing bullshit. That video looks like they are marketing Cubase to 14 year old boys. I would hazard a guess and say it comes off as being more than a bit patronising to Studio professionals who have been using Cubase for years.

Haven't you figured it out yet? All anyone cares about are the mad dope beats the t-pain effect, all this other garbage is a waste!

wow...at first it seems like it is more bloated then ever before!! I don't know i like 6.5 better :?

From today Ableton decision to stay where they are and slowly and carefully develop their system (Ableton 9 doesn't have 10 000 fancy shit things) - seems like a better choice to me..
Last edited by kmonkey on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

lotus2035 wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:saying marketing bullshit is redundant. It's like saying wet water or military intelligence. If you listen to some random dude talk about something in completely generic terms and then try to apply meaning to it for purchasing a product ... you deserve what you get.
There are different levels of marketing bullshit. That video looks like they are marketing Cubase to 14 year old boys. I would hazard a guess and say it comes off as being more than a bit patronising to Studio professionals who have been using Cubase for years.
You hit the nail on the head. The message is clear : buy Cubase 7, and instantly be a hit producer or rock star. Instantly. Haircut, Euro-cool accent, and boyish stubble included at no charge. :hihi:

Looks good to me. May get it if it will be sold as a download.
Last edited by bronxsound on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”