Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some official word on upgrades from earlier versions here

Re: Cubase 5 Upgrade

Unread postby EdDoll » 14 Nov 2012 07:24
It'll be cheaper to update from Cubase 6.5 than it will be from Cubase 4 and 5.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Nice grace periode I updated to Cubase 6.5 on november 10th. So I get Cubase 7 free!

Grace Period Update to Cubase (Artist) 7

All customers who have activated Cubase 6/6.5 or Cubase Artist 6/6.5 (includes full retail version, educational version, updates and upgrades) on October 25, 2012, or later, are eligible to obtain a free Grace Period update to Cubase (Artist) 7.

Karten wrote:3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
I missed out by 15 days :x
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

How will this work with the 3rd party plugs...

Can they be used on the channel strip?
Can we swap in a 3rd party EQ in place of the channel EQ for more seamless automation? (and use of the CC121)

Those are my biggest cubase wishes by far...

Anyone know...?

morelia wrote:
Karten wrote:3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
I missed out by 15 days :x
So did I, hence the little rant.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

It looks amazing, the new mixer... :-o
The best Cubase ever :love:

Bulletproof ASIO-Guard :-o
Last edited by 4damind on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If there's any Steinberg people listening, could you guys please do us a favour and go hire a UI and graphic designer. You still have some 3-4 months before a release and there's still time to make this software of yours look commercial and made by professional people.

I don't feel like paying full price for placeholder graphics from some student my-first-software-ever-in-the-world demo.

anybody knows if the inst track has been improved with multiple outs or if the grouping feature now now is going to be quicker (like Studio 1). Also a midi bounce feature would have been great but I don't see anything of these ones :(

So it's £200 (€249) to go from 4 to 7

or

£130 to go from 4 to 6

Think i'll just jump straight in 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hang on...I activated Cubase 6.5 on November 10, so according to their info, I'm eligible for the free update to 7. When I read their Grace Period Info, it states that my Cubase 6.5 license will be replaced by a Cubase 7 Artist license??? I don't have Artist. I'm running the full version here. Is this a downgrade or just a typo?
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

I quite like the look of the new mixer. As long as my ProjectMix is still supported, I think I'll be going for this...

Kingston wrote:If there's any Steinberg people listening, could you guys please do us a favour and go hire a UI and graphic designer. You still have some 3-4 months before a release and there's still time to make this software of yours look commercial and made by professional people.

I don't feel like paying full price for placeholder graphics from some student my-first-software-ever-in-the-world demo.
Ha Ha
it's so true.
Talk about a step backwards, egads

audiobot202 wrote:Hang on...I activated Cubase 6.5 on November 10, so according to their info, I'm eligible for the free update to 7. When I read their Grace Period Info, it states that my Cubase 6.5 license will be replaced by a Cubase 7 Artist license??? I don't have Artist. I'm running the full version here. Is this a downgrade or just a typo?
No typo, you'll get a free Artist 7 license, if you want the full C7 you will need to pay the 149 euro or whatever it is.
The whole thing smells a bit half baked.

_leras wrote:How will this work with the 3rd party plugs...

Can they be used on the channel strip?
Can we swap in a 3rd party EQ in place of the channel EQ for more seamless automation? (and use of the CC121)

Those are my biggest cubase wishes by far...

Anyone know...?
Looks like the channel strip is a dedicated Steiny thing, but there will be customisable strips also, ie to be able to 'learn' parameters from different plugs and have them all in the one strip. Pretty sure there wil be no 3rd party EQ swapping (a la Sonar etc), as a fellow CC121 user this is a shame, but no doubt Cubase 8 will have this feature.

So YAY, REASON 7!!!!!! I mean CUBASE 7 !!!!! :P brrt

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”