What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

egbert
KVRAF
 
3507 posts since 20 Oct, 2001, from my bolthole in the south pacific

Postby egbert; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Some official word on upgrades from earlier versions here

Re: Cubase 5 Upgrade

Unread postby EdDoll » 14 Nov 2012 07:24
It'll be cheaper to update from Cubase 6.5 than it will be from Cubase 4 and 5.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
User avatar
Karten
KVRian
 
1110 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris, FR

Postby Karten; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm

3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio - Latest bank: Cellspace vol.2 for Synplant
Permanent 10% discount with the code "KVR10".
kiezum
KVRist
 
184 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby kiezum; Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am

Nice grace periode I updated to Cubase 6.5 on november 10th. So I get Cubase 7 free!

Grace Period Update to Cubase (Artist) 7

All customers who have activated Cubase 6/6.5 or Cubase Artist 6/6.5 (includes full retail version, educational version, updates and upgrades) on October 25, 2012, or later, are eligible to obtain a free Grace Period update to Cubase (Artist) 7.
User avatar
morelia
KVRAF
 
3951 posts since 15 May, 2002, from Brisbane , Australia

Postby morelia; Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 am

Karten wrote:3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
I missed out by 15 days :x
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 12gb, Windows 7 (64), Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
_leras
KVRist
 
302 posts since 20 Apr, 2005

Postby _leras; Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 am

How will this work with the 3rd party plugs...

Can they be used on the channel strip?
Can we swap in a 3rd party EQ in place of the channel EQ for more seamless automation? (and use of the CC121)

Those are my biggest cubase wishes by far...

Anyone know...?
User avatar
Karten
KVRian
 
1110 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris, FR

Postby Karten; Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 am

morelia wrote:
Karten wrote:3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
I missed out by 15 days :x
So did I, hence the little rant.
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio - Latest bank: Cellspace vol.2 for Synplant
Permanent 10% discount with the code "KVR10".
User avatar
4damind
KVRAF
 
3447 posts since 17 Aug, 2004, from Berlin, Germany

Postby 4damind; Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

It looks amazing, the new mixer... :-o
The best Cubase ever :love:

Bulletproof ASIO-Guard :-o
Last edited by 4damind on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Arnold Musician & IT Freelancer

Visit me on:
Facebook | Soundcloud | 4damind.com
Kingston
KVRAF
 
6474 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby Kingston; Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 am

If there's any Steinberg people listening, could you guys please do us a favour and go hire a UI and graphic designer. You still have some 3-4 months before a release and there's still time to make this software of yours look commercial and made by professional people.

I don't feel like paying full price for placeholder graphics from some student my-first-software-ever-in-the-world demo.
giankam
KVRist
 
48 posts since 2 Sep, 2005

Postby giankam; Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 am

anybody knows if the inst track has been improved with multiple outs or if the grouping feature now now is going to be quicker (like Studio 1). Also a midi bounce feature would have been great but I don't see anything of these ones :(
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6282 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 am

So it's £200 (€249) to go from 4 to 7

or

£130 to go from 4 to 6

Think i'll just jump straight in 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
audiobot202
KVRian
 
1130 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby audiobot202; Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 am

Hang on...I activated Cubase 6.5 on November 10, so according to their info, I'm eligible for the free update to 7. When I read their Grace Period Info, it states that my Cubase 6.5 license will be replaced by a Cubase 7 Artist license??? I don't have Artist. I'm running the full version here. Is this a downgrade or just a typo?
Tracktion is BAAAAAACK !!!
andrew71
KVRist
 
296 posts since 16 Jun, 2003

Postby andrew71; Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 am

I quite like the look of the new mixer. As long as my ProjectMix is still supported, I think I'll be going for this...
User avatar
sqigls
KVRian
 
1365 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 am

Kingston wrote:If there's any Steinberg people listening, could you guys please do us a favour and go hire a UI and graphic designer. You still have some 3-4 months before a release and there's still time to make this software of yours look commercial and made by professional people.

I don't feel like paying full price for placeholder graphics from some student my-first-software-ever-in-the-world demo.

Ha Ha
it's so true.
Talk about a step backwards, egads
User avatar
sqigls
KVRian
 
1365 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 am

audiobot202 wrote:Hang on...I activated Cubase 6.5 on November 10, so according to their info, I'm eligible for the free update to 7. When I read their Grace Period Info, it states that my Cubase 6.5 license will be replaced by a Cubase 7 Artist license??? I don't have Artist. I'm running the full version here. Is this a downgrade or just a typo?

No typo, you'll get a free Artist 7 license, if you want the full C7 you will need to pay the 149 euro or whatever it is.
The whole thing smells a bit half baked.
User avatar
sqigls
KVRian
 
1365 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 am

_leras wrote:How will this work with the 3rd party plugs...

Can they be used on the channel strip?
Can we swap in a 3rd party EQ in place of the channel EQ for more seamless automation? (and use of the CC121)

Those are my biggest cubase wishes by far...

Anyone know...?

Looks like the channel strip is a dedicated Steiny thing, but there will be customisable strips also, ie to be able to 'learn' parameters from different plugs and have them all in the one strip. Pretty sure there wil be no 3rd party EQ swapping (a la Sonar etc), as a fellow CC121 user this is a shame, but no doubt Cubase 8 will have this feature.

So YAY, REASON 7!!!!!! I mean CUBASE 7 !!!!! :P brrt
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)