SAMPLR! Out and dope.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.samplr.net/

Get it. Audio copy and paste is forthcoming, and I'm sure export will too, but damn this is sweet.

It's really incredibly well thought out! What a blast to play with and a great addition to the studio. :shock: :love:

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JE-k_VeId4
Last edited by Ned Bouhalassa on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

five bucks!! amazing :D

Yup- this is a real instrument, nothing else really like this (multitrack iris?) highly recommended.
Eventually even the most ardent ipad haters are eventually going to have to concede that an ipad is almost.an essential purchase for the music tech geek....not because of he hardware, but the quality of he apps....and audiobus seems close!

The E-bow function alone will make this very performance friendly.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Definitely a "get it"-app. One of the coolest yet. Can see endless creative potential and fun with this one. Plus it has that extra touch of looking great and being given lots of attention to detail and the interface.

Touch Vibrato sold me

hogo wrote:http://www.samplr.net/

Get it. Audio copy and paste is forthcoming, and I'm sure export will too, but damn this is sweet.
Thanks for sharing this <3

How well does it do with standard things like multisampling, and looping sample points? SampleWiz is easy to use, but for performance use only, since it doesn't have audiocopy/audiopaste or Audiobus. If Samplr will have audiocopy/audiopaste, that's a step above Samplewiz. I wrote a couple of months ago to the samplewiz support team to ask if they might be getting these things in the future--They never replied. I've been looking ever since for something that might fit my sampling needs.

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

In any real sense, you cannot sample with this app on the fly. Only via iTunes import currently. I believe the reason for this is that the author wanted to focus on LIVE performance first. Many of the other features will come in updates, and if this gets the attention I think it will, we'll have many updates to come. It's a great start I think, and does many things I'd hoped Samplewiz would eventually do.

hogo wrote:In any real sense, you cannot sample with this app on the fly. Only via iTunes import currently..
So you can save your own samples to your itunes library and then import them straight into the app? Is that how it works? Does it save recorded files as wavs? thanks!!

yes, you can import your own samples, and they are WAV files. :)

great, thanks! Off to the app store now :)

wow!

sampling .....RE-DEFINED
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”