different drummer... ?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Different drummer now in the app store , only $319.99 !
(Well the price Is different...)

---They've lowered the price to only $299.99 I guess to make it compete against other $4.99 apps... :shock:
Who knows maybe it'll make the drummer show up on time...

Scott Murrell wrote:---They've lowered the price to only $299.99 I guess to make it compete against other $4.99 apps... :shock:
Who knows maybe it'll make the drummer show up on time...
Bargain :-o
I assume it comes with a free ipad :hihi:

--LOL, at that price it needs to come with Ginger Baker! LOL

Well, I look forward to seeing what the one or two people who buy this thing do with it. No videos? No demos? A one page description on their website. That's enough to make me buy a $300 app. lol

It must be the patent pending "Cyclophone Technology". It can be expensive to patent tech these days. It could just be a proof of concept set at an impossibly high price so it won't be challenged. The fact that there isn't a single video of it in action is telling.

My guess (and it's only one possible explanation of many) is that Apple pushed it to the App Store before the developers were ready for it to be released and so to prevent people from downloading it, they've marked it up to $300 until they can fix whatever they need to fix.

Their other app, Pixound, is a free app with IAP in the $1-$4 range, so it would be odd for them to release a $300 app.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

I too think there is a niggle regarding the high price. The app does look interesting. Looking for forward to some audio and video clips.

The developer (or one of them) is Peter McClard and has a impressive resume including programs created for TI99, C64, Amiga, and Mac. Apparently a well rounded musician as well.

I also like Pixound. I may pick this up with the IAP of MIDI save (hopefully export) feature.

Anyone got this ? 48 $ is still a bit high to give it a try, maybe at 99cts ...

Thread on the Audiobus forum with video review....here

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/866/d ... utorial/p1

I won't be buying it!

Mmmwahaha wrote:Thread on the Audiobus forum with video review....here

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/866/d ... utorial/p1
LOL , it's kvr everywhere

Didn't read the all thread yet, and probably never
Not sure I would use it. There should be a demo version, imo.

There's a new update to this out today

Makes it much more user friendly

Has a grid setting and a landscape view amongst other tweaks :)
Instant human just add coffee

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”