What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Moving VSTs in FL Studio Causes Project File Errors.

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

acid_rain
KVRer

3 posts since 11 Apr, 2011

Postby acid_rain; Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm Moving VSTs in FL Studio Causes Project File Errors.

For a while I was using a trial version of Massive. I finally bought Komplete the other day, but encountered a serious problem. As any normal PC user would do, I deleted the trial version and cleaned up the install files before installing Komplete, and continued to install. The install completed just fine without any issues.

The problem was that I have project files that are still pointing to the OLD location of the VST, though I cannot, for the life of me, remember WHERE that location used to be.

Now I am stuck with FL errors telling me it can't initialize the plugin because it's no longer in that location, though it is installed and working just fine if I chose to replace the instance of Massive in each project file that is broken. The problem with this is that I have made small tweaks over time to the patches I've made but did not save them as their own presets. If I replace that instance, I will lose all of those tweaks and the track will sound horrible and it also means I'll have to reassign the MIDI controls for each instance, and copy/paste all the automations manually.

Is there not any way around this? I can't see how FL just won't use the newly installed VST, since I've just added it to the list of plugins. I'm stuck and don't want to lose a year's worth of work, so any help would be outstanding!
bluzkat
KVRist

63 posts since 17 Apr, 2008, from Lansing, Michigan

Postby bluzkat; Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:04 am

I don't know of any DAWs that will replace an old VST with a newer version.

I would reinstall the 'old' VST.

:cool:
Last edited by bluzkat on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluzkat
DJ AL TRLS
KVRer

10 posts since 12 Nov, 2012, from Illanoiz

Postby DJ AL TRLS; Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm

you might want to enable to see all hidden files to find them
"This beat does not present a reduced risk of harm compared to other beats."

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)