Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote:Anybody know anything about THIS?

Helge said it is included as both a stand alone effect and it is the core of the channel strip compressor. That is cool, because that compressor is actually really good.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Karten wrote:
morelia wrote:
Karten wrote:3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
I missed out by 15 days :x
So did I, hence the little rant.
I bought mine on Oct 21st 2012... damn it!

marcora wrote:
Karten wrote:
morelia wrote:
Karten wrote:3 weeks for the grace period is a little ridiculous. 2 months would have been better.
Just a suggestion ...
Send an e-mail to whoever you bought it from. Be polite/respectful. I can't remember if it was 4 to 5 or 5 to 6, but I missed by two days, but was given the grace period by the people I bought it from.

I've also been told no on other things. Can't hurt to try. Works better if you are nice. And don't work yourself into a tizzy if they say no.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

bduffy wrote: What's really shocking is that they charged people for that 6.5 update. That just doesn't make any sense, seeing how close it was to the v7 release...
Very true...

marcora wrote:
Karten wrote:
morelia wrote:
I barely fit into the period. I bought the upgrade to 6 on 10/24, but I didn't activate until 10/29. The license activation date is the one that is important, not the purchase date.

lotus2035 wrote:
evo2slo wrote:So excited! Looks like an awesome update. The features I'm most looking forward to are the Channel Strip, ASIO Guard, Chord Track, and A/B comparison.

Hermode intonation seems interesting and is something I'd like to learn more about as far as it making any noticeable difference. Also excited to try the VST Connect thing for collaborating with vocalists.

The inclusion of Voxengo CurveEQ seems a little out of left field. Makes me wonder if Voxengo has been working with Steinberg on any stock plug-in stuff.
bduffy wrote:Anybody know anything about THIS?

Nice catch! An 1176 - if it's anything like Yamaha's other plugs it will sound great but be very pricey.
Helge Vogt wrote:
The nice sounding and looking compressor you mention is an updated version of our Vintage Compressor! It is also available as channelstrip module in every channel

Cheers,
Helge
8)
Sweet, thanks for the info! I'm getting seriously horny for this update! :hyper:

bronxsound wrote:
bduffy wrote: What's really shocking is that they charged people for that 6.5 update. That just doesn't make any sense, seeing how close it was to the v7 release...
Very true...
But the current upgrade prices appear to discount the $50 paid for the 6.5 upgrade, if I'm reading this correctly.

I bought 6.5 when it came out, and if they discount that off the 6->7 upgrade, then I'm happy with that. I've been able to use PadPro and the rest of it all this time.

If I'm mistaken about this, of course, I'll be p*ssed. :hihi:

cheers
-B
Last edited by BERFAB on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: But the current upgrade prices appear to discount the $50 paid for the 6.5 upgrade, if I'm reading this correctly.

I bought 6.5 when it came out, and if they discount that off the 6->7 upgrade, then I'm happy with that. I've been able to use PadPro and the rest of it all this time.
I wonder if it gets any more complicated... companies, please, less discount prices, and more real stuff. ;)

BERFAB wrote:
bronxsound wrote:
Very true...
But the current upgrade prices appear to discount the $50 paid for the 6.5 upgrade, if I'm reading this correctly.

I'm I'm mistaken about this, of course, I'll be p*ssed. :hihi:

cheers
-B
Yeah. And I see the point that they added synths, but still, it just wasn't that big an update, and with 7 just 6 months away, with those synths folded in, with tons of exciting new features - and they never charged for a .5 upgrade before! IIRC.

Anyway, I know that's flogging a dead horse. Cubase 7! Hope it doesn't suck!!

Here's hoping they post the demo the same day as the release so us curious lurkers can have a look see.

P.S. And I hope the demo application install is separated from the demo content install so I can demo the basic C7 app without doing a 2gb download.

My "Curiosity Demo List" in order is ...

1. DP8 (if they actually make one)
2. Bitwig Studio
3. Cubase 7

With no intention to actually buy any of them, just to fulfill my inherent digital geek factor quotient.

I'll drop 40-50 audio tracks in each and just mix something for 3 hours or whatever to see how they all "feel".

Well I learned one thing that's for sure:

It's Voxen-go not Vox-engo like I've been saying for years. :hihi:

So to be clear: is 6.5 no longer a paid update? i.e., if I find and buy a boxed update from 5 to v6.0, can I download the 6.5 update, or would I have to pay (in which case I'd obviously just wait for 7 to be released)?

bduffy wrote:So to be clear: is 6.5 no longer a paid update? i.e., if I find and buy a boxed update from 5 to v6.0, can I download the 6.5 update, or would I have to pay (in which case I'd obviously just wait for 7 to be released)?
My situation: On 10/24 I bought the boxed Cubase 6 update for Cubase 4 and 5 users.

On 10/29 I updated my Cubase 5 license to Cubase 6. In the process, it was automatically upgraded to 6.5 per the grace period policy at the time. Steinberg then pointed me to a download to get 6.5.

So, right now my license key says I have a Cubase 6.5 license and I'm running Cubase 6.5 on my machine. According to the current info regarding Cubase 7 grace period, I'll be able to update to Cubase 7 for free once it is available on 12/5 following the steps they mention on their site.

lotus2035 wrote:Well I learned one thing that's for sure:

It's Voxen-go not Vox-engo like I've been saying for years. :hihi:
Haha yeah, thought the same.

LawrenceF wrote:Here's hoping they post the demo the same day as the release so us curious lurkers can have a look see.

P.S. And I hope the demo application install is separated from the demo content install so I can demo the basic C7 app without doing a 2gb download.

My "Curiosity Demo List" in order is ...

1. DP8 (if they actually make one)
2. Bitwig Studio
3. Cubase 7

With no intention to actually buy any of them, just to fulfill my inherent digital geek factor quotient.

I'll drop 40-50 audio tracks in each and just mix something for 3 hours or whatever to see how they all "feel".
Let me know the results. I am a DAW geek too!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”