Sludge! WARNING!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sludge! 6+ mins of pure noise and a Beat. WARNING this is loud acidic noise/Drone!

http://abstractcats.org/Sludge.mp3
Sludge

Wow, that is hot. Thanks for the warning. It isn't what I was expecting - and a nice surprise at that. I anticipated a real low moan of a tune but acid-drone seems like the right description; it's digital-y and driving. The percussion + pad create a nice sense of building tension and someone is going to steal this and paste it in as the intro to an epic d&b tune. :) I could have used a real low rumble through out to balance out the super hot highs. I found it a very interesting piece, thanks for sharing.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:Wow, that is hot. Thanks for the warning. It isn't what I was expecting - and a nice surprise at that. I anticipated a real low moan of a tune but acid-drone seems like the right description; it's digital-y and driving. The percussion + pad create a nice sense of building tension and someone is going to steal this and paste it in as the intro to an epic d&b tune. :) I could have used a real low rumble through out to balance out the super hot highs. I found it a very interesting piece, thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I'd love to do some good DnB, its one of my favorite forms of electronic music, I've had a hard time,getting some DnB done though, it seems to be a very intricate style.

Nice one, Scott. I quite enjoyed this. That was quite a heavy set of percussion on here, and the drone was a great idea. It instilled the piece with a good base or point of reference for me to hang onto whilst you strangled the pets. Quite disturbing really.

Good work :)

These are neat sounds. It's not something I'd sit and listen to beyond a minute but if you crafted a song from these sounds, I'd love to try that on too :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

seismic1 wrote:Nice one, Scott. I quite enjoyed this. That was quite a heavy set of percussion on here, and the drone was a great idea. It instilled the piece with a good base or point of reference for me to hang onto whilst you strangled the pets. Quite disturbing really.

Good work :)
:hihi: Actually, that was the sound, of one of the cats streaking accross me feet at 3AM, OUCHS!! As for the perc, yeah, thats Slayer by Twisted Tools, for Reaktor,an incredible tool for sound design.

Jace-BeOS wrote:These are neat sounds. It's not something I'd sit and listen to beyond a minute but if you crafted a song from these sounds, I'd love to try that on too :-)
Thanks, I 'm not sure if I could make an entire album's worth, without more drums, may be some DnB style.

An interesting piece. I could imagine Trent Reznor screaming something on top of it :)

rich_h wrote:An interesting piece. I could imagine Trent Reznor screaming something on top of it :)
cool! Or Ministry :D

kind of punk and smash something in sentiment...I like it :D ....needs to be louder, and maybe more definition and louder bass drum and toms.

Return to “Music Cafe”