first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spacedad wrote:
GaryG wrote: 32bit version works fine for me in XT, I can see why developers like the idea of REs etc. :)
not sure what RE's is?
...still crashing for me.
(just tried in usine and it reports that it's not a valid vst.?
Do you have any problems loading other synthedit-vsts?
I can't really think of anything else causing this problem..
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

bob bobwood wrote:
I do find it *really* quiet though, is that how it is or am I doing something wrong?
I'd agree it [Heliox]is quiet but I am particularly fond of what it throws up when I use randomize in FL, always something useful to start tweaking at.

SirSickSik, welcome. Authomatico working well in FL9 and I too see its potential and am really enjoying getting to know it. Thanks for this and all the other stuff. Is that bulbhead dude a stalker ?
bulbhead? who?

SirSickSik

Tehnik wrote:
SirSickSik wrote:Remind that it is a 32-bit plugin (doesn't need to be 64, as it doesn't make any sound), so the plugin should be run on a 32-bit system
are you SERIOUSLY saying that?
"be" should be erased, sorry, I retyped that sentence, but forgot to take that one away. It meant saying that it should be able to run on a 32bit system. So jbridging it or running it on 32bit-plugin hosts should work fine..

SirSickSik

other se plugs work fine.
i make my own midi plugs too.
it loads in se v1.017,which version did you make it in?

SirSickSik wrote:
To take full advantage of the "available sound", no matter how hard or soft it is, I use this setup normally, you can try it out:
sound input->rectifier->peakfollower->voltage2dB->subtract from 0->dB2voltage
then let the db2voltage control the volume of the sound.
Set peakfollower attack to 0ms (or prox) and decay to, say between 50 or 200ms. Now your oscilators are ALWAYS between a certain minimum and maximum range and usable to be used downstream for amplifying, fx etc etc
sik
Thank you very much.
Seems a good solution. I'll try it out.

xoxos wrote:
try 1/sqrt(n) instead of 1/n :) i'd consider that a bugfix :p
Thank you.
However, if you set the oscillators to have the same frequency and no phase shift (in Heliox, OSC Harmonicity=0 and LFO phase=0), the peak is n times the amplitude of a single osc.

Since I'm a DC'12 entrant - in the synth category. I'll limit my opinions to other type entries.

Sofar:

Dust Bucket : is really cool. (Pair it,completely wet, with PTEq-1a on a send and your in business!).

PTEq-1a: Smooth and usefull.

FB's Frequency Shifter: Excellent Quality.

Cheers
Andrew

spacedad wrote:other se plugs work fine.
i make my own midi plugs too.
it loads in se v1.017,which version did you make it in?
the latest 1.1 version...no bugs as far as I know of.. we could ask Jeff otherwise? maybe he knows something about SE1.1 and XT interference?

SirSickSik

yeah,strange how it doesn't recognise it as a vst in usine too.
maybe it's a win7 thing?
(oh do you have a registered version of se? cos i think the 1.1 version is only beta)

spacedad wrote:yeah,strange how it doesn't recognise it as a vst in usine too.
maybe it's a win7 thing?
(oh do you have a registered version of se? cos i think the 1.1 version is only beta)
yeah, I do have the registered version. But the beta version is so far, that bugs are getting really sparse. Let's say I haven't encountered any bug anymore last half year myself. I would say it's on the same level as the 1.0 version.

SirSickSik

Oh boy I am bursting with comments!
And I havent even properly tested all of em yet!
For now though,
Compyfox wrote:Definitely some excellent sample content in this DC2012.

Maybe Ben should think about a seperate challenge, called "SDC" (for Sound Designer Challenge)? I'd definitely support that idea.
+1!

I was not so sure about the inclusion of samples/presets in the DC at first. But now I see I should have had a little more faith in KvR. Imo the majority of the entries in these categories are fantastic. More than 'ok'.
(Although I agree with Compy about the 'ethno' pack. Bit wild!)

Tbh, I was expecting a glut of sample packs, half of which would be bad, or rehashed. But all in all, the three big sample packs have impressed me a lot.

Also,
The live reordering of entries on the DL page made me crazy.
There should be a 'pack' to download, or at least a single page for the links/updates.

Thanks everyone!
For sure, for me the five that get votes are worth more than a vote.
ImageImageImageImage

From my point of view, it's impossible to compare a sample pack with a plugin. It's difficult enough to compare a synth with an effect, but a sample pack is a completely different category. I think there should be sort of a SC -> Sounddesigner Competition where the best sounds are honored... :wink:

kevinkripper wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I'm through the most of the FX plugins - at least the ones that interested me the most.

I unfortunately had to ditch "Hot Robot", since it needs NET4 and Spectrum Analyser S8 (needs Max Runtime).
Hey, I've updated the Spectrum Analyzer S8, so Max 6 Runtime is no need it now! You can download the last version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?6yxaevzwtvalwgy . I hope you like it!

Tested it - started without problems. But I didn't expect a "stand alone" version, but a plugin version. Since it's pretty much undocumented, I didn't want to mess further with my system (even if I can roll back).

I guess that this works with virtual audio cables, or routing if it's stand alone. But as I said - I didn't want to dive into that.

I'll keep my eyes on this one. Maybe it's turning into something bigger than it already is. But for the time being, I think I stick to BlueCat Audio - should I be in need of multi channel FFT's.

But thanks for programming.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
kevinkripper wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I'm through the most of the FX plugins - at least the ones that interested me the most.

I unfortunately had to ditch "Hot Robot", since it needs NET4 and Spectrum Analyser S8 (needs Max Runtime).
Hey, I've updated the Spectrum Analyzer S8, so Max 6 Runtime is no need it now! You can download the last version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?6yxaevzwtvalwgy . I hope you like it!

Tested it - started without problems. But I didn't expect a "stand alone" version, but a plugin version. Since it's pretty much undocumented, I didn't want to mess further with my system (even if I can roll back).

I guess that this works with virtual audio cables, or routing if it's stand alone. But as I said - I didn't want to dive into that.

I'll keep my eyes on this one. Maybe it's turning into something bigger than it already is. But for the time being, I think I stick to BlueCat Audio - should I be in need of multi channel FFT's.

But thanks for programming.
Compyfox, thanks for trying it out. I tried out BlueCat and i could never get it to work properly (and it costs me 99 bucks!!). But about the S8, since the beginning the idea is to build a vst version. But, for the time being we have the standalone version (works with virtual, analog or digital imputs) and a vst that only runs on Ableton Live (it was develop in M4L and you can download it too). Nevertheless i dont understand why you say it is undocumented when in the .zip file there is a manual that explain how to do the conections with virtual cables. Right now i am working on some new features so stay tuned cause i'll probably update the app! So, if you think the S8 may become an interesting and usefull free software please support the project, its really important for us! Again, many thanks.

I have SirSickSik's midi seq running right now in Energy xt 1.4 into a synth, pressed play and it runs. I'm on 32 bit Win7.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”