Inspiration, by -musicalentropy

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Inspiration

Wolfen666 wrote:No problem, and don't hesitate to put the link of your video here :wink:
Here it is. And thanks very much. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af7_22OGTmg
Last edited by harryupbabble on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great ! You should upload your advice set too !

I have updated the application, I'm going to sleep a little, then I will write the changelog, and upload a few advice sets I have finished :D

I have just updated Inspiration. Here is the most recent change history :

1.0.2 (14-Nov-2012):
  • Added new advice sets, included with the application and available on the downloads page
    Fixed an issue with the use of the mouse wheel on any control in the edition tab
    Fixed an issue with apostrophes in the edition tab
    Fixed an issue with the randomness of advice items drawing
    Fixed colour change issues in the main tab
    Fixed various bugs and english translation issues
1.0.1 (09-Nov-2012):
  • Fixed size of the author description font
    Fixed various english translation issues
1.0.0 (05-Nov-2012):
  • Initial release for DC-12.
If anybody wants to share a preset, I can upload it on my dropbox account, and make it available on the download page from by blog :wink:

I have included a set called "KVR Strategies for noobs" :D

Wolfen666 wrote: If anybody wants to share a preset, I can upload it on my dropbox account, and make it available on the download page from by blog :wink:
Hi Wolfen. I have one last suggestion. I will mostly use your plugin to display famous quotations (can be longer than advices) but you designed it for displaying short music creation advices so I don't know if this can be considered a bug but sometimes, the fonts appear very small. The plugin seems to try to fit everything in one line even if below is room for 2 or more lines and this causes the fonts to be small. Is there a way to display the fonts to be the same size all the time?

Also, do you have a link where we can send our presets to? I know KVR Audio and Patch Arena lets members upload patches and presets of .fxb and .fxp file extensions but I don't know if file of other extensions are allowed.

Anyways, thanks again for your free plugin. I find it usable and handy.

Hello !

I have modified the behaviour of the application, so the label displaying the current advice will no longer stretch the text inside. I will upload the new version later :wink:

About the sharing of sets, I don't have any idea right now. However, if you upload your file somewhere, with a Rapidshare / dl.free / Google Docs - like website, I can download it and upload it on my own server :wink:
Anyways, thanks again for your free plugin. I find it usable and handy.
Thanks for the interest :wink:

Hi Wolfen. Here at KVR Audio, I tried to upload my preset for your plugin and saw this message at the bottom of the "Banks & Patches" section...

Want to share your creations? Upload them!

If you've created any banks, patches, drum kits, sample-sets, etc. that you'd like to have featured here, please find the KVR page of the product you are uploading a bank for and go to its Downloads tab.
So I went to the "Plug-ins, Hosts, Apps, Hardware, Soundware" section and searched for your plugin and found it and uploaded my Sage or Fool preset.

Do you have a link of where I can download your latest advice sets? Looking forward to your latest update of your plugin. Thank you. :)

So I went to the "Plug-ins, Hosts, Apps, Hardware, Soundware" section and searched for your plugin and found it and uploaded my Sage or Fool preset.
Great ! I have been able to download it :love: I'm going to check a few things, then I will upload it on my server :wink:
Do you have a link of where I can download your latest advice sets? Looking forward to your latest update of your plugin. Thank you. :)
So I have updated the windows version :wink:

To get the new sets, first retrieve the last version of the application, with all the fixes that you suggested :hihi: Then, in the application, when you display the menu, you will see an option which gives you a direct access to the page where I have uploaded the new set. You can also go here.

Download the ones you want, put them in the data folder of Inspiration, and you're done :wink:

What do you think of the new advice sets ? I'm going to add a few more in the next days...

I have uploaded on my blog the advice set from harryupbabble, quoting famous musicians. I have added the name of the artists on each advice item, and a description for the whole set ;)

You can get them all here :

http://musicalentropy.wordpress.com/downloads/

Hello Wolfen. :) A couple of quotes in my set is hard to track in Google because my sources probably misquoted them. They are:

"It feels good to be shameless in what you do. Yeah. Yeah! Let's get naked!"(Misquoted)
I can't find the exact quote but it's by Matt Bellamy of Muse

"It's what's on the record, not what labels on it. You know, that's like getting a box of cornflakes and eating the cardboard." (Misquoted)

"It's what's on the record. It's not what label's on it. That's like getting a box of Cornflakes and eating the cardboard." (Elvis Costello)

It would be interesting to see everyone's favourite collections of quotes and advices. Going to have to bookmark your link because I keep all my VST plugins
in my other computer which is forever offline. Thanks again.

Updated :wink:

Thanks for the update Wolfen. :) Regarding the randomization issue... as you know I don't know too much when in comes to computer programming but I have a probably naive idea: is there such a thing as a "paring down" method? A programming code that is basically equivalent to "when one advice or quotation was displayed then remove that from the random pool and randomize the remaining ones and do over and over until there is one left"?

I have just replaced the "random" behaviour of the advice item draw with a "random shuffle" behaviour, so each item can not be drawn more than once :D

Wolfen666 wrote:I have just replaced the "random" behaviour of the advice item draw with a "random shuffle" behaviour, so each item can not be drawn more than once :D
Hi Wolfen. Is that random shuffler in version 1.02? I am not sure if I have already downloaded it. I'm so confused. :shock:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”