I have found my tracks in webs that didn't get my permission

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As title says.

Is this legal?
My tracks are free in any case, but nobody asked me properly for permission.

As i can read in these websites, are a kind of mp3 search engine, so maybe these are not uploaded there, but in any case, what to do against this?
Can i tell them to put a filter to not showing my name and tracks or...?

You just have to write your nickname in google, and there will be some websites with your own music too, i'm sure. Maybe even your commercial ones.
I'm not mad at all, this is just a warning in case some of you didn't know it, and don't want to have your tracks for free or without permission spammed all over the web.

Have a good day, guys :)

Get used to it and stop worrying about it.

If you puts them up on the webs, they will be shared, stolen, ripped off etc etc.

No big problem here, until i find someone getting money with my free tracks.

Thanks for the tip. Have a nice day, man :)

Yeah it's annoying, but there's pretty much nothing you can do about it sadly.

tehlord wrote:Yeah it's annoying, but there's pretty much nothing you can do about it sadly.
indeed, unless you already have so much cash that its not really worth sueing some kid for it.
legal counsel costs a fortune, and the only person who comes out on top in these situations are the lawyers :shrug:

sad but true (/senses imminent law suit from metallica...)

Hell I'd be ecstatic if someone found my music worth stealing. :hihi:

Do the searches lead back to your own hosting? Or do they lead to someone else's hosting?

The latter is an infringement even if no money changes hands. You own the right to control your art, even who gives it away.

But if the searches just contain databases listing your own hosting, I would think you'd welcome that kind of exposure.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Do you stipulate the songs can only be distributed via your site?
Do you have any copied music? :P
Amazon: why not use an alternative

If you set you tracks to be able to be shared or whatever it is on sites like Bandcamp or Soundcloud, aggregate sites will pick them up and re-post them. You are getting exposure, they are getting ad revenue from clicks. (Guessing.)

It never bothered me. To be honest, I find it pretty flattering that someone would post my music, or create youtube vids for it, etc. Hell, I often send them a message or comment thanking them for posting it. But, then again, I'm not in this for the money and I'm grateful that there are people out there that actually listen to my music and help promote it. That said, if I was in this for the money, I would probably feel differently about it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

cryophonik wrote: But, then again, I'm not in this for the money

A clear indication that not all musicians are idiots :hihi:

Still, you never know. This blog posted on of our records along with a great review (in Polish.) That's a very nice problem to have ;)

http://elmjuzik.blogspot.com/2012/09/so ... onder.html

Big surprise coming from me, I know... but if you'd like to be credited even if your music's free, there's always Creative Commons licensing; it's helped me keep my material properly credited for about 5 years now- and though I'm not in it for the money either, there's been some "paid gigs" that came about due to people liking what they heard on some random video or mp3 site, and being able to find/contact me.

Just a thought..

what about the publicity you will get??

As long as they aren't selling them. You might write and ask for your track to be linked to your page. Like someone said : any publicity is good publicity especially free publicity

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”