I am using ZynAddSubFx (via LMMS) and I would like to create a perfect snare drum. In the internet I found this article. Look at the picture at the very bottom (more specially: HERE). I really would like to rebuild it, but there are many things I don't know
Okay, first for the white noise (on the bottom):
- I use simple white noise
- The first filter I add is a lowpass filter (Insertion effects->EQ->Lp1 or Lp2?)
- The second filter will be a noise filter (A Notch filter? The probably Insertion effects->EQ->"N2"?)
- Now, what is VCA, and AR contour generator?
- First, I need some OSCs... easy. But how do I tell them to use 111 Hz for the triangle OSC, but 330 Hz for the sine OSC on the same note pressed?
- The frequency shift for the triangles can probably just simulated with two triangle generators?
Now, in the end, I play all those together? What is a CV controlled mixer?
Thanks for answers in advance.