Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

theoryzero wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
sqigls wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:OK..how the frag am I supposed to update? I activated my 6.5 only on the weekend, but I don't see any replacement license on the dongle. Does it happen now? Does it happen for half an hour on December 5th?
When C7 is released, you'll be able to click "Maintainence" in the license control centre and your C6.5 license will be automatically replaced by a C7 license ;)
But when will this be? It's not clear when this is supposed to happen. The grace period is up to December 5th, so I assume that the license should be replaced now. That hasn't yet occurred.
The page isn't clear, but a Steinberg employee says you'll be able to do this on 12/5 to get your license updated to C7.

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75&t=28258
To be even more clear, the automatic grace period activation (via pressing the maintenance button) STARTS from December 5th and is valid until a new version (Cubase 8) will be released.

lotus2035 wrote:Well I learned one thing that's for sure:

It's Voxen-go not Vox-engo like I've been saying for years. :hihi:
That's it.

It thought it was Vox-engo ! :o

Obviously, Vox-engo sounds warmer then Voxen-go in Cube-Ace (as opposed to Que-Base)

I'm going for New-Endo. at least I can be sure it's the newest... :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:

That's it.

Obviously, Vox-engo sounds warmer then Voxen-go in Cube-Ace (as opposed to Que-Base)

I thought it was pronounced: innuendo or In You End Oh!
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
Tp3 wrote:

That's it.

I thought it was pronounced: innuendo or In You End Oh!
I've heard it sounds more like: New and d'oh!

I've jet to get an answer to my support inquiry. That's not the first time that Steinberg didn't answer. Then again, last time took them three days but got my issues sorted. :shrug:

So... "street cred" - then it's false advertising IMO, same with the videos for Cubase (8.1 channels, even though C7 is still 5.1), but that's just "minor" stuff. What effs...

Still wondering about the rest of my Q's - skinning, the oscilloscope view, the setup of the EBU R-128 meter, and the Loundess Track in the arranger.

If THAT one is in Cubase as well (Loudness Track), it will definitely come in handy while doing postpro.

And come to think of it... the new console... it could be improved actually. If it's new code, then you could push/pull the inserts IN BETWEEN the channels trip modules, rather than having them pre/post the whole console module (I see pan and vol as separate module). And it would make ton of sense this way. Because this is how large scale consoles work as well (example: EQ is post inserts, but the comp is pre, etc). And... then you could still use the 6 insert limitation.

But I don't think that this is happening - I think it's still like old days. Though only the beta testers or Steinberg can confirm this. Then again, if it's working like I hope, then it's some flexible resolution.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Whoa neat. Gotta watch these. Remember you can likely assign keystrokes to all these different mixer view options. It's so fast when you do that.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

DELETED

maxxxter wrote:Now that Andy has explained it to me, I like it!
I'm actually more put off by some of these videos, but we will just have to wait and see. I really don't like this squishable GUI, it looks weird when it stretches it.

It really does look awful.

Hopefully with some key commands we can just make the inserts appear and disappear without all this squashing.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
maxxxter wrote:Now that Andy has explained it to me, I like it!
I'm actually more put off by some of these videos, but we will just have to wait and see. I really don't like this squishable GUI, it looks weird when it stretches it.

It really does look awful.

Hopefully with some key commands we can just make the inserts appear and disappear without all this squashing.
You realize you don't actually have to "squash" it right? It looks like it is fully customizable... so you can set it up however you want.

Personally, I plan on setting up my main mixer view like Logic with the inserts and sends above the faders. I'll also setup a key command to toggle between other custom mixer views showing the channel strips, etc...

So I was just watching the videos from dv27tv, and I'm actually shocked.

Not only did it not answer essential questions (other than that the mixing console from Nuendo and Cubase is the same in terms of features - thankfully), but it scares me off. Squashing being one thing.

Then...
Where is the input gain/trim knob gone to? This is THE MOST ESSENTIAL feature I'm using before I start any mixing project. It's gone now? Are you kidding me? (haven't seen it in either of the videos)

Then the channel strip. Looks like it overrides the inserts and is actually PRE-Inserts "on top" of your mixer setup. So even if you have setup EQ and compression, slam on the channel strip and your settings are messed up.

UNLESS - and this is what I hope - that white line in the insert view declares where the channel strip belongs to. But you can still only move the whole strip around, not work like a large scale console (move modules pre/post inserts). A lot can be improved in this case. Unless it's stupid spagetti code again.

Currently, this video is showing me "ah, we don't give a funk - mix as loud as possible". But this is not how I (among many audio engineers with gain staging schemes) work! And this is definitely contrary to what they offer with the built in EBU R-128 metering tool.

I also don't like the VST plugin dropdown menu. If you can't sort them properly, then the whole media bay thing is just not working for me. I actually hate that feature just from first looks. "Finding" a plugin is another thing (which is actually a cool idea).

And again, these videos didn't adress customizing. I don't like the squashing, and I hope stretching can be fixed to "scale" like the channels themselves in the arranger window. And "Andy" said some features are new, even though they were in it since VST5 days (like "mixer on top of the arranger view - hello?! It's a darn floating window!).

Sorry, new and intuitive or not. But if they cut away one essential feature, that's been in there since Cubase first used VST and audio channels, then it's totally bollocks!

Reminds me of the dilemma with SX1 and SX2 dropping MIDI hardware completely.

Then... still no mention of built in wrappers (bridges), which was also a high requested feature IIRC. The built in EQ doesn't seem to be able to turn off the analyser (which is distracting, and pushes you away from "listening" to your audio streams), etc, etc.

The literally used the mixing environment from old (and IMO good) Cubase, threw it aboard and messed it up again. Where is the problem to let themselves inspire by Presonus, Cakewalk or Cockos in terms of looks, customising and usability? I don't get it.

I sure hope there will be a demo license available on launch this time. And hopefully it turns into a "full license" or will be deleted as soon as I buy the upgrade - IF I buy the upgrade. I hate dead licenses on USB keys.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

BERFAB wrote:I thought it was pronounced: innuendo or In You End Oh!
No.

Its "New... and D'oh"

:hihi:

(Or, rather, "New... and DAW" :P :D )
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

sqigls wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:OK..how the frag am I supposed to update? I activated my 6.5 only on the weekend, but I don't see any replacement license on the dongle. Does it happen now? Does it happen for half an hour on December 5th?
When C7 is released, you'll be able to click "Maintainence" in the license control centre and your C6.5 license will be automatically replaced by a C7 license ;)

Hi guys,

In regard to the above, I've just purchased 6.5, and would like to run 6.5 and 7 at the same time (once 7 is released).

Will this not be possible?

The upgraded license will be good for Cubase 7 and all previous versions, so it's not a problem to run them side-by-side. :)
Blue Phase Music

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”