I have found my tracks in webs that didn't get my permission

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

osiris wrote:As long as they aren't selling them. You might write and ask for your track to be linked to your page. Like someone said : any publicity is good publicity especially free publicity
just what I meant, thanks for putting it in a better way

IrionDaRonin wrote:Is this legal?
[...]
You just have to write your nickname in google, and there will be some websites with your own music too, i'm sure.
sorry, what exactly is legal? I googled your name. First page you appear on soundcloud, myspace, youtube, facebook, twitter and whatnot. All under your own control I presume. I can understand some bots crawl these pages and build 'news' pages from it.
Next page, for example Dance Industries: "CopyLeft the right way". Seems to be an account you created yourself as well.
Anyway, you have published a lot on sites which do not explicitly state who owns copyright, what can be done. You could take action against unwanted publications of your work by others. Question is weather they will do so. At least they spell your name right.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Yes, these are robot controlled sites that are being built automatically by web crawlers, they link directly to your files and make money off advertising. I'm getting a lot of traffic from these, mainly from Russia and China, which I was pondering on in another thread. If you ask me, they ain't being used by humans at all, it's just a self service robot installation indexing and scanning files for unknown reason, probably has something to do with assuming world domination in some point in the future. However, if they are up to my files, their mission is doomed from the beginning. So it makes me happy, as I'm helping to save the human civilization.

Watermark your audio with a robot voice and air raid sirens.

Hiphop artists do this and it seems to work somewhat.

I personally give away my music for free, so people can do whatever they want with it. IF i release something that I want money for I will make sure my previewed work is protected with watermarks etc and in 128kbp mp3 .. lol
:borg:

just look at positively... someone liked your music enough to use it in something they create. :)

Congrats :)

Hey, thanks so far for all replies.
It was interesting to know about this thing completelly new to me.

I presume that, as Zombie Queen said, must be a thing from robots plus search engines.

All the others websites, as Art-Ak etc asked me permission long time ago. And the rest was made by me, so no problem.

But there are some websites such Yumusica and clones like this one which seem to be search engines or something.
However, when you download something from them, the mp3 file has a huge number, instead of my name and titles.

It is Last FM the same kind of search engine too? Because i found my tracks there too. :?:
I even found an old track i don't have in my computer anymore so, somehow, it was something positive.

As i said, i'm not mad about it, but i hope not to see people getting money with my free tracks, because they are free.

Have a nice day, guys :)

Last FM is a well known online radio and music streaming service, but the others seem to be search engines...

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zombie Queen wrote:Yes, these are robot controlled sites that are being built automatically by web crawlers, they link directly to your files and make money off advertising. I'm getting a lot of traffic from these, mainly from Russia and China, which I was pondering on in another thread. If you ask me, they ain't being used by humans at all, it's just a self service robot installation indexing and scanning files for unknown reason, probably has something to do with assuming world domination in some point in the future. However, if they are up to my files, their mission is doomed from the beginning. So it makes me happy, as I'm helping to save the human civilization.
I wonder what Gary Numan thinks about the possiblity of lots of robots listening to his music.

Have fun

Mark

Soon robots will make their own music and they won't need us anymore.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote:Soon robots will make their own music and they won't need us anymore.
They already DO::hihi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMQLX-aw_dc

It's better than finding pieces of your work in someone's loop collection.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Make music to love and share with all. Don't keep it locked up for yourself.

Its promotion for you. ;)
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Resistance if futile... Hi robots!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”