A little thing i would like in Mulab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In flstudio to manage the curved automation you would simply use a drag handle between two points to bend the line. I would really like this in Mulab. I realize that there is a way to edit a points' properties and select a curve but having that drage handle feature would be very nice. Just a thought though.

Thankyou!

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

i agree 100%...

anybody else like this idea?

Current steps, with "edit" select curve etc. is somewhat complicated and time consuming... it works, but it's not too fast. Dragging would be nice...

+1

+1 from me too!

It seems to be a difference between the Performance curves and the Automation which in MuLab gets the more friendly Multipoint curves.

A Cut/Paste would help in the meantime.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

For easier change of curve, on a PC, hold ALT and click between 2 breakpoints. Each click steps to the next curve.
Fore 1 click creation of breakpoints hold CTRL.

And Copy/Paste works on my system.

What i am missing are means to change breakpoints in bulk. E.g. reduce the entire automation in a track by 10%. Something like the Change Value2 Function.

Hi Andreas,
the cut and paste, I mean from the piano-roll parameters curve to the automation lane. I can't do it. That what I was calling performance (or controllers) curves, the ones in the pianorol.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

AndreasD wrote:For easier change of curve, on a PC, hold ALT and click between 2 breakpoints. Each click steps to the next curve.

And Copy/Paste works on my system.

What i am missing are means to change breakpoints in bulk. E.g. reduce the entire automation in a track by 10%. Something like the Change Value2 Function.
a simple handle wasnt possible? :?

> DiGiT < wrote:...

a simple handle wasnt possible? :?
1. It would be possible of course, but I think it's not that easy like you seem to assume...
If you look at competitors on the host market, how many do have handles to drag different curves???

Cubase....no
Logic... afaik no, but not sure
Live... didn't had curve types for ages and now it seems to be released in Live 9
Reaper... uses nearly the same system like MuLab, but uses a slider for adjusting the curve and was implemented very late too
Podium...very complicated with 2 handles
energyXT2... is the only one, which have something similar atm.. Live 9 will be the second

2. I like this feature too, I like it very much to be honest, but no reason to blame a host for that, if major hosts weren't able to implement something similar or at least it was not important enough to do so...

3. The automation system and many many other improvements have brought it into M4...in M5 there will be great stuff too but in a different direction and future will tell, with what Jo will come up in future...

4. Completely agree with Andreas here... for me the most important improvement would be the ability to adjust multiple handles at once...

Logic does have adjusting curves (even back on PC it had that, in v5).

Reaper too, possible with a keyboard modifier, not necessarily a slider (Bezier curve). Can edit and move multiple points at once too, of course:

I'm holding Alt here to change the Bezier tension, Shift to move multiple points at once.

Trancit wrote:Completely agree with Andreas here... for me the most important improvement would be the ability to adjust multiple handles at once...
That's already possible. Lasso multiple points and drag them together.

@EvilDragon:
That looks easiest way of doing it. Any chance of this making an appearance Jo?

liquidsound wrote:Hi Andreas,
the cut and paste, I mean from the piano-roll parameters curve to the automation lane. I can't do it. That what I was calling performance (or controllers) curves, the ones in the pianorol.
Hi liquidsound,
I think that is pretty complicated.
The piano roll curves are actually midi CCs, all scaled 0 .. 127.
The automation curves are scaled to the param they are controlling.

I remember that i missed that in Cubase long time ago. You had to decide what you want to use, CC data or automation. So, i'm used this regime :) This might have changed in Cubase in the meantime.

AndreasD wrote:For easier change of curve, on a PC, hold ALT and click between 2 breakpoints. Each click steps to the next curve.

Ah thanks. Not quite the control I want but it's a much quicker way to do it.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”