Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Thanks karrikuh

I'm using the 64 bit version. I can load it up in Presonus Studio1 just fine, but there are no presets available in the dropdown. I have the presets folder saved in the same directory as the .dll. Any advice?

karrikuh wrote:
pigfront wrote:I have a problem: charlatan not respond to velocity changes. :shock:
Velocity only affects modulation depth of the Mod envelope, not the amp envelope. So, yes, velocity support is very minimalistic currently, and, personally, I don't even use it that often for analog synth style sequences. I have been thinking about adding a velocity sensitivity control to both envelopes at some point, but couldn't convince myself yet of its importance enough to actually implement it.
It would be really nice to have that though. *encourages the thought* :D

Hi!
Charlatan is my favourite Synth!!! Would it be possible to have Audio inputs, to use the filter on other sources ?

Martin

mccy wrote:Hi!
Charlatan is my favourite Synth!!! Would it be possible to have Audio inputs, to use the filter on other sources ?

Martin
Thanks, it's my favourite, too! Regarding your question: I have written a dedicated filter effect plugin including additional filter types (highpass 2/4 pole) based on the algos from Charlatan which hasn't been released yet since it's not really polished yet (no GUI, not tested with hosts other than REAPER). I do plan to publish it at some point as part of a "BlauKraut FX suite" bundle along with other "go to" effects.

Default graphic design is nice.
Just changed the color and looks nice for me.

soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Good news! fx suite huh .... can't wait!

Yuda, it's looking good!
:hug:

The synth sounds great :)

Without reading this whole thread...will there be Fx added at some point?

I can add them myself of course, but it would still be cool to have maybe a delay, and reverb built-in, and/or chorus.

Examigan wrote:The synth sounds great :)

Without reading this whole thread...will there be Fx added at some point?

I can add them myself of course, but it would still be cool to have maybe a delay, and reverb built-in, and/or chorus.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 09#5109009
I should write a FAQ.

karrikuh wrote:I do plan to publish it at some point as part of a "BlauKraut FX suite" bundle along with other "go to" effects.
Great news! I'm sure they'll be great quality!

I'd love to see a simple delay unit with features like the delay in EnergyXT 2. It's so easy to use and perfect for a general purpose go-to delay.
(The delay unit in u-he's Fiterscape synth/suite is very similar if I recall correctly. You can route audio thru it, but...a dedicated delay unit is just nicer.)

To be more specific about what I like in the eXT delay:

- the sync delay times are tweakable to ANY beat-based time division from 1-32. It can get pretty weird if you want!
- the cross delay control
- the way it's all presented so clearly. The controls are presented as text boxes, you can instantly see what's going on.

It's a very basic feature set, but done to perfection IMHO. :wink:

Yudaidhun wrote:Default graphic design is nice.
Just changed the color and looks nice for me.

How did you change the color? I didn't read all of the pages of this thread - is it discussed there? Thanks!

You have to hack the .dll which I have chosen not to do out of respect.......I was hoping by now that there would be an option to change background colors or at least the graphics files would be separated from the actual .dll like so many other plugins so they can be edited by the user......but even then you'd still be stuck with the pink "version number" under the name unless that was changed as well.

The color chosen above is very nice and one I could see using for hours on end with no fatigue but like I said I'd prefer not to use a res hacker to change colors.......

And yes I know there will be a string of "I like the red GUI" posts again and that's fine. I just find it harsh on the eyes and would prefer a neutral blue/gray.......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: And yes I know there will be a string of "I like the red GUI" posts again and that's fine. I just find it harsh on the eyes and would prefer a neutral blue/gray.......
+1 :)

I'm going to assume this entry in the change log is giving a blessing for people to change the background:
GUI: change color of version text to light gray (for people changing background color)
So something like the edit below will be possible:

Thanks a million for changing out the pink version color! :)
Last edited by Teksonik on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:This is probably how I would customize Charlatan if it was possible (based on the screenshot above)...........
I think those version strings are written by program.
Cannot change by replacing the resource.

For red color, making darker goes well.
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Return to “Instruments”