Cannot "Lasso" Multiple Tracks in Tracktion 3

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My current project requires that I move parts of multiple tracks containg multiple clips from one project to another. I thought the most efficient way to accomplish this would be to "lasso" (ALT + mouse drag per the Manual) and then copy the needed material and paste it into the new project. That way, at least I thought, the tracks could be pasted into the new project and keep their appropriate timing/positions relative to one another.

However, when attempting to "lasso" the partial tracks/clips, the shaded rectangle just disappears when I release the mouse or the ALT key. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

Any pointers are much appreciated.
"StratBoy69"
M. C. White
Louisville, KY

What you are doing should work, and I'm not immediately thinking of a good reason why it isn't.

Some types of clips don't like being selected alongside others (folder clips can only be selected with other folder clips)

If you track carefully as you select, are you seeing any clips that don't seem to be picking up?
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Thanks for the response. All of the clips I'm trying to select are recorded audio clips -- not folder clips. I think I may have misread the Manual on this point and CTRL + ALT + Mouse Drag is required for this operation, not just ALT + Mouse. I'm going to try some more editing tonight and I'll re-post if I make any progress.

Thanks again for the help.
"StratBoy69"
M. C. White
Louisville, KY

Yup, just ALT + mouse click->drag while continuing to hold down alt.

Return to “Tracktion”