Blarg

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blarg

Glad to see a new syth from you, i will try the demo !
Cheers

chris_b wrote:
Numanoid wrote:It's a bit difficult to penetrate the GUI, it's got a quite low screen resolution, my screen is 1680x1050, and on that it doesn't take up more than ca 30% of the surface
I was wondering about this - is there any discussion about what people think is largest acceptable size for a synth GUI? Presumably there's still quite a few people with 1366x768 notebook screens, so I wanted to ensure it was usable on a display with that resolution, but it's a compromise.
I'm also using a resolution of 1680x1050 and I think the size is OK. It's not exactly huge but I can read everything just fine :)

I really like this synth so far! The combination of the additive osc (Type F) and the Warp module is a lot of fun :)

Cheers
Dennis

chris_b wrote:Hm.. maybe I'm spoiled by Orion's arpeggiator and sequencing features? Arps on synths always struck me as a bit superfluous.
No, please. Most DAW have an integrated arpeggiator and there are a lot of additionals ones like the nice Arto Vaarala's Kirnu.

Keep the focus on the synthesis aspect.

tried it !! absolutely stunning tones and textures is there an ETA on this and price range..??

any news ??

I just downloaded the demo, and I think this is quite promising. The flexibility is great, the oscillator choices are quite nice, and I love that it has a full-blown modulation matrix (why don't more plugins have those?). It only took a second to figure out the routing, and I like that everything is kept to a single screen (other than the mod matrix).

Some issues to be ironed out, of course. Some aliasing on the high end, not the biggest fan of the reverb, etc. But I like the formant filter, the envelopes are pretty neat.

Can't wait to hear about the progress.

EDIT: by the way, you should make it so you can type in the values in the mod matrix, etc. Much faster and less frustrating than dragging the mouse.

Shabdahbriah wrote:Looks fun 8)

I agree, the name is just wrong... when I clicked on the topic, I thought someone was going on a dis-favorable rant about (who-knows-what).
Reminded me of a thread I actually started once in OT, that had the title "Snid", and the only text in the first post was "Snarg flarku!".

Believe it or not, that thread went on for a couple pages before petering out. :)
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

chris_b wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Don't like the name
I always struggle a bit when it comes to thinking of a name for a thing - with so many synths out there all the best names are already taken!
You could hold a competition on KVR to get posters to name your synth. The one you like the most gets a free copy.

I'm not against the name, but it really could be better.

So how's progress coming along for this synth?

Hope it's not another Titan-Chrono ;) :D

Numanoid wrote:So how's progress coming along for this synth?
Finally it's ready! Time has somehow been getting the better of me lately :( *shakes fist at time* first post is updated.
Numanoid wrote:You could hold a competition on KVR to get posters to name your synth. The one you like the most gets a free copy.
Heh... that was actually a pretty good idea! But I've got used to the name now to the point where it would seem weird to me to for it to be called it anything else.
KBSoundSmith wrote:not the biggest fan of the reverb
Yeah, the reverb is nothing special - but a few of its parameters can be modified in realtime by any of the modulation sources which can allow for some pretty interesting effects.
Numanoid wrote:I find the bluegrey color a bit off-putting too. I rely on visual information, to use different colours for different sections of the synth to better visualize the borders between the sections
I updated the appearance a bit - less blue and with colored frames corresponding with the different sections.
contralogic | YouTube | Twitter | Google+

I just bought it! :)

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, but when I use the initial preset, ENV4 automatically controls the amp of OSC1, irrespective of whether it's specified in the modulation matrix. Is this deliberate or a bug?
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

I can't believe people are whining about the name of a synth. Get a life. As far as the name goes, I only wondered if it had some connection to or affinity with Oatmeal -- perhaps a nod to that synth?

In any case, on to more intelligent and pertinent matters. This looks like a promising new creation. Look, if you are going to bother people for $10 or $20 to own the thing, you might as well charge real money. I won't be bothered with $10 purchases over the Net. It's not worth my trouble. In fact, I won't even audition a synth that produces sound dropouts or plays other games when I'm trying to listen to it. As of last year, I no longer put up with any dongles, restrictions, reg. hassles or any other nonsense whatsoever from software makers. It has vastly improved my life and creativity. Companies need to start remembering who the customer is and stop jerking people around. Too many competing products to waste even one moment or brain cell screwing around or jumping through some dev or company's hoops. To be completely honest, there are already a million free synths and instruments already. Unless your new instrument is earth-shatteringly new or different, then you might as well offer it for free. Aside from a synth or two from the very best designers, such as Urs and gang at u-he, I simply refuse to pay for most virtual instruments anymore. Certainly, what you have here is quite nice, but I'm just being blunt and straightforward considering the state plugins are at circa 2013.

FWIW - I like the name Blarg. And it is worth my time downloading it!
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, but when I use the initial preset, ENV4 automatically controls the amp of OSC1, irrespective of whether it's specified in the modulation matrix. Is this deliberate or a bug?
It's deliberate - there's a mention of it in the Modulation page of the manual. Envelope 4 is hard-wired to the level of all three oscillators.

Admittedly it's not immediately obvious, but there's no point having an envelope solely for controlling amplitude when it can be a useful for modulating other stuff as well. it's a feature inspired by the Ensoniq ESQ-1.

The Telenator wrote:Look, if you are going to bother people for $10 or $20 to own the thing, you might as well charge real money. I won't be bothered with $10 purchases over the Net. It's not worth my trouble.
You're more than welcome to pay "real money" directly via PayPal and I'll mail you a copy :)
The Telenator wrote:I won't even audition a synth that produces sound dropouts
It's not that intrusive - something like a 600ms dropout every 16 seconds.
The Telenator wrote:Unless your new instrument is earth-shatteringly new or different, then you might as well offer it for free.
I dunno about earth-shattering.. but I think it is new and different. Granted, it's made in Synthedit - but SE is really just the framework holding everything together. None of the oscillators, envelopes, LFOs or signal processing elemennts use standard SE components and not much of the non-standrad stuff is freely available on the Web. Furthermore, if it wasn't new and different I wouldn't have even bothered making it, let alone put a price on it.

Return to “Instruments”